Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am in my AS year and have decided I want to read English Literature at uni (Maybe as a joint honours- I'm not sure yet) with the intention of going into law, journalism, marketing or teaching with further study.How strict are St. Andrews with their GCSE grades? I got:

4A*s (English, English Lit, RS, Art)
    3As (Spanish, Drama, Biology)
    3Bs (Maths, Chemistry, Physics)
    Other: Gold Arts Award, British Sign Language Level 1, Grade 8 Lamda (Drama)

If I achieved the required A2 grades (AAA) for English, could I be considered or is it unlikely with my GCSE grades?(I'm taking English Lit, Politics, Religious Philosophy and Classics- unsure about what to drop)Thanks for any responses

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about they're GCSE policy besides whatever is on the website. However I would like to say that I've always wanted to do the BSL course - did you do it at school or a centre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Square)
    I'm not sure about they're GCSE policy besides whatever is on the website. However I would like to say that I've always wanted to do the BSL course - did you do it at school or a centre?
    I do it online and have my tutorials and assessments over Skype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    I am in my AS year and have decided I want to read English Literature at uni (Maybe as a joint honours- I'm not sure yet) with the intention of going into law, journalism, marketing or teaching with further study.How strict are St. Andrews with their GCSE grades? I got:

4A*s (English, English Lit, RS, Art)
    3As (Spanish, Drama, Biology)
    3Bs (Maths, Chemistry, Physics)
    Other: Gold Arts Award, British Sign Language Level 1, Grade 8 Lamda (Drama)

If I achieved the required A2 grades (AAA) for English, could I be considered or is it unlikely with my GCSE grades?(I'm taking English Lit, Politics, Religious Philosophy and Classics- unsure about what to drop)Thanks for any responses
    They don't pay much attention towards your GCSE's unless you're applying for a prestigious course like IR perhaps. I got in with much lower GCSEs than that, just make sure your predicted A2 grades are AAA/A*AA and make your personal statement awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    I do it online and have my tutorials and assessments over Skype.
    Oh cool, how much does that cost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxy)
    They don't pay much attention towards your GCSE's unless you're applying for a prestigious course like IR perhaps. I got in with much lower GCSEs than that, just make sure your predicted A2 grades are AAA/A*AA and make your personal statement awesome.
    Thanks! This is encouraging. What A levels did you take, if you don't mind me asking?

(Original post by A Square)
    Oh cool, how much does that cost?
    It depends what Level as the higher ones require more sessions so are more expensive. Level 1 cost me around £250 altogether but I think the price goes up significantly after that 👍

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 2, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.