The Student Room Group

Placement year accommodation

Hi folks, I just wanted to ask about student accommodation with regards to taking a placement year.

I live at home anyway so I aren't very clued up on this subject, but I'll be working for a year in industry next year as part of my course. Essentially, I want to know what other people have done for accommodation? Have you sought out other people to live with, or have you rented a house/flat for the year?

The average salary for a placement year is around £16,000 I believe, which is enough to obviously rent somewhere but I just wanted to know how people went about dealing with this. Thank you!
Original post by AlexJWise
Hi folks, I just wanted to ask about student accommodation with regards to taking a placement year.

I live at home anyway so I aren't very clued up on this subject, but I'll be working for a year in industry next year as part of my course. Essentially, I want to know what other people have done for accommodation? Have you sought out other people to live with, or have you rented a house/flat for the year?

The average salary for a placement year is around £16,000 I believe, which is enough to obviously rent somewhere but I just wanted to know how people went about dealing with this. Thank you!

You'd have two main options- one to get in touch with the others who will be doing a placement year at the same organisation as you and buddy up with them, or if you were in a cheap area you could get a studio/1 bed flat- would be very difficult in london/south east though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending