Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'll rep you. This is happening-

Google has the search bar at the top of the screen. I enter in text and press search and I get nothing. I thought I figured out what to do- I clicked the google logo to the left of the search bar, and then got the page where the search box is in the centre of the screen rather than the top. Then when I entered the text and searched I got my results. However, now it is not doing that. I can get the page with search in the centre, still, but when I put the first letter in, it goes back to the one with the search bar at the top, which, like before, when I click search just does nothing.

This is just perverse. Can someone explain and help, and I will rep?

Edit-Other thing I just noticed...on occasions when the search is purely my own phrase, I will not get results, whereas when it is 'auto-completed' for me by google I get them. It's almost like a direct incentive or way of conditioning (and reinforcement) you to be led by google's algorithms rather than use your own brain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    I'll rep you. This is happening-

Google has the search bar at the top of the screen. I enter in text and press search and I get nothing. I thought I figured out what to do- I clicked the google logo to the left of the search bar, and then got the page where the search box is in the centre of the screen rather than the top. Then when I entered the text and searched I got my results. However, now it is not doing that. I can get the page with search in the centre, still, but when I put the first letter in, it goes back to the one with the search bar at the top, which, like before, when I click search just does nothing.

This is just perverse. Can someone explain and help, and I will rep?
    Restart the browser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Restart the browser.
    I've got tons of tabs I'm in t'middle of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    I've got tons of tabs I'm in t'middle of.
    If you restart your computer via the start menu then you'll be able to restore your taba by pressing ctrl shift and t.

Alternatively if you're using chrome.then you can pin all your tabs then restart. You'll definitely have your tabs

ReputationRep:
    Ok, what about the times when it selectively works- when it auto-completes it registers the search and goes to it, and when you type in your own it won't. OK I'm not a consipracy theorist but I know google likes to have a lot of influence, honestly beleive there it may have somethin in it's algorithms that is encouraging customers more and more to follow it's lead on searches- think about it, it suits advertising, revenue etc.

ReputationRep:
    god damn it's doing it again and it is so annoying, and I will REP

ReputationRep:
    Funny as I had the same issue yesterday...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souljer)
    Funny as I had the same issue yesterday...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It must happening all over the place-it's especially weird when it does the thing of only bringing up results from autocomplete.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.