Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Better Than Average Effect / Homework Help needed watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I hope, I have to right to post those kind of staffs on this forum. I beg your forgiveness if I did something wrong to ask it here as you can see it is my first post.

I am international student in UK , studying psychology and I sometimes have struggles to understand what the articles mean so I came here to ask few questions to understand it better because I have to right an essay as fast as possible.

- my essay question is : critically evaluate whether it is human nature to consider yourself more moral or prosocial than your peers.

I found few articles I have my plan in my mind but there are point that I have to understand before I start to write because I may missunderstood a term which I intended to use for my essay.

I searched online, however I could not find any useful information in my native language and simple english as well.

So I'd be happy if anyone could tell me what does the terms mean which I listed below and Can i relate them with better than average effect ?

1 - Egocentrism ( I did read on wikipedia but not sure i would be happy with a simple explanation )
    2- Focalism
    3- Self- evaluations/enhancement/esteem
    4- Motivational perspective ( I thought motivation mean something like support but I guess I was wrong because it does not make any sense when I read the article and is motivated bias something that I can consider as a human nature)

Thank you so much

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.