Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, how can people find them scary?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Seriously, how can people find them scary?
    Because they're synonymous with rats, which in turn are synonymous with unpleasantness.

My cat brings home loads of those. With their heads ripped off.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    rodents FTW

here is a present for you AngryRedhead :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    Because they're synonymous with rats, which in turn are synonymous with unpleasantness.

My cat brings home loads of those. With their heads ripped off.
    Mice are not rats, they are two distinct species which just happen to look similar and both thrive off conditions created by humans. Even rats are nice, the domesticated ones are clean, friendly and empathetic.

ReputationRep:
    It's the tail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    rodents FTW
    Spoiler:
    Show
    cavy still here yayayyayayyaya

ReputationRep:
    It's more the fact that they are associated with disease and producing rapidly which is why they're disliked and feared. Some mice are cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexp98)
    It's the tail
    What about the tail? It's just a tail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    It's more the fact that they are associated with disease and producing rapidly which is why they're disliked and feared. Some mice are cute.
    Yes, wild ones, but being scared of the domesticated ones? LOLWUT. It's like being scared of moths.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by REMLewis)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    cavy still here yayayyayayyaya
    hehe yeah, i'm just cutting down on TSR but i'm still floating about

ReputationRep:
    What about the tail? It's just a tail.
    It scares the **** out of me... not sure why. I'm not scared of snakes, spiders or anything apart from Rats and Mice. I would literally cry if i ever found one of them in my house. It's one of the reasons why I would never have a guinea pig either because they just remind me of bigger rats, despite being so different.

ReputationRep:
    *throws up all over myself*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    They're not cute when they nest in your home uninvited and destroy and piss and **** on everything in sight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexp98)
    It scares the **** out of me... not sure why. I'm not scared of snakes, spiders or anything apart from Rats and Mice. I would literally cry if i ever found one of them in my house. It's one of the reasons why I would never have a guinea pig either because they just remind me of bigger rats, despite being so different.
    But, why? Snakes and spiders have far more potential to be dangerous to you than a little furry defenceless mammal. Think about it, snakes and spiders can both be venomous and they are both quick to strike. Even here in the UK we have venomous snakes. But a mouse is 1000x more scared of you than you are of it and unless you pick it up barehanded it can't hurt you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Mal)
    They're not cute when they nest in your home uninvited and destroy and piss and **** on everything in sight.
    We had some field mice in our house once, they weren't so bad from what I remember.

ReputationRep:
    We had some field mice in our house once, they weren't so bad from what I remember.
    Ok. The ones I have had are demons.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. The ones I have had are demons.
    Probably. I'm not even talking about wild mice anyway I'm talking about domestic mice like the one in the picture. Are you scared of it? If so, why?

ReputationRep:
    Probably. I'm not even talking about wild mice anyway I'm talking about domestic mice like the one in the picture. Are you scared of it? If so, why?
    As I said, the ones that have infested places I've lived are demons. They get in your ****, poo everywhere, won't let you sleep, jump and leap suddenly, and they are unsightly as well.

ReputationRep:
    But, why? Snakes and spiders have far more potential to be dangerous to you than a little furry defenceless mammal. Think about it, snakes and spiders can both be venomous and they are both quick to strike. Even here in the UK we have venomous snakes. But a mouse is 1000x more scared of you than you are of it and unless you pick it up barehanded it can't hurt you.
    I'm indian so automatically love snakes, have held lots of poisonous ones before. But rats and mice, no...

ReputationRep:
    As I said, the ones that have infested places I've lived are demons. They get in your ****, poo everywhere, won't let you sleep, jump and leap suddenly, and they are unsightly as well.
    But wild mice are different from domestic mice which are a lot cleaner.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.