x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just been locked out of my account because the password had been entered wrong on five occasions. Is this a problem with TSR today or is some douche trying to get access to the king's account?

If the latter, then you've obviously got a problem with me or something I've said. Express yourself and talk to me

Kindest Regards,
    Kind Leonidas:sparta:

ReputationRep:
    You've been locked out of your account, yet you are still able to post this? Hmmmmmm,

ReputationRep:
    Thought you were dead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    You've been locked out of your account, yet you are still able to post this? Hmmmmmm,
    "Just been locked out".

It lasted for 15 minutes or so, perhaps I should've used the term 'temporarily'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    "Just been locked out".

It lasted for 15 minutes or so, perhaps I should've used the term 'temporarily'.
    Maybe you just forgot your password or were typing it incorrectly - that was the bane of my existence during my Runescape years :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Maybe you just forgot your password or were typing it incorrectly - that was the bane of my existence during my Runescape years :/
    It's impossible for me to forget my password, I use TSR everyday. Also I'm wise enough not to enter a wrong password five times in a row

Somebody tried to get access to my account:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    maybe it was the Chinese

ReputationRep:
    I've had this bug before, it was obviously nobody was sitting trying passwords, was two days of this error message coming up.

I like this website but it's buggy as hell and not really professional like Reddit or Twitter (even if it is more fun.)

ReputationRep:
    TSR sends you an email with the IP address of the person who was trying to log into your account. I discovered this because this just happened to me, but that's because I recently changed my password and the new one wasn't working so I ended up locking myself out. :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I think if you enter the password wrong 5 times, it only blocks your IP address, not the account in general.
    I don't know though.
    :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    I think if you enter the password wrong 5 times, it only blocks your IP address, not the account in general.
    I don't know though.
    *cries into your hands*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    Just been locked out of my account because the password had been entered wrong on five occasions. Is this a problem with TSR today or is some douche trying to get access to the king's account?

If the latter, then you've obviously got a problem with me or something I've said. Express yourself and talk to me

Kindest Regards,
    Kind Leonidas:sparta:
    You typing right now makes this whole thread p-p-p-p-pointless!

ReputationRep:
    was probably this guy:

ReputationRep:
    last week Talk Talk, this week King L's TSR account... :creep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selfteaching)
    was probably this guy:
    ah you beat me to it !

ReputationRep:
    that heartlessness tho

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.