The Student Room Group

Salford reputation?

So I just sent of my UCAS application and I'm applying for midwifery at Salford and nursing at mmu. But I've been told Salford is not the Better option and the area is 'rough and gang run' can anyone tell me what the course is really like and tell me I won't get murdered!! 😩
I'm applying to Salford for children's nursing! I went to the open day and I was impressed. I know a few people that did nursing there and loved it and it's a popular university to apply to for people on my course. I suppose it comes down to individual experiences.
Salford uni is a 5-10min walk from Manchester city center... It's basically Manchester :indiff: Salford Crescent train station is in the middle the uni and you can get a 5min train to either Piccadilly or Victoria stations. It's really easy to avoid dodgy areas.

I did physics there so I can't comment on your course but my experience was largely positive.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by katienursing2015
I'm applying to Salford for children's nursing! I went to the open day and I was impressed. I know a few people that did nursing there and loved it and it's a popular university to apply to for people on my course. I suppose it comes down to individual experiences.

I applied to do adult nursing too. I hope I get in I know it's quite competitive for nursing there!
Reply 4
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Salford uni is a 5-10min walk from Manchester city center... It's basically Manchester :indiff: Salford Crescent train station is in the middle the uni and you can get a 5min train to either Piccadilly or Victoria stations. It's really easy to avoid dodgy areas.

I did physics there so I can't comment on your course but my experience was largely positive.

Great thanks! I live in a small city so it's going to be so weird!
Original post by Shanncie
I applied to do adult nursing too. I hope I get in I know it's quite competitive for nursing there!

Good luck! I know what you mean it's so scary haha
Reply 6
Agree with the above- Salford is essentially the outskirts of Manchester. There are rough areas as there are in most cities. A friend studied nursing there and I became friends with a few other Salford students while I was at the University of Manchester, and they seemed to enjoy university life there.
With regards to the nursing course it seems to be very well regarded and my friend walked straight into a job 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending