Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any advice for a-level student thinking of doing midwifery in Wales??

ReputationRep:
    Try to get as much health and social care experience as possible. If this isn't possible, write about experiences you've had in school or at work and try and relate it to your course and the qualities a midwife should have. Look up stuff on the NMC website about the codes of nursing and midwifery and learn the 6Cs of nursing and relevant stuff in the news. When writing your personal statement, acknowledge that it is a challenging career, however you're passionate about it and feel you'll be able to deal with this. Researching stuff is the best way forward tbh! I researched how to write a good nursing personal statement for about 2 months before I got started and listed all the things I needed to include. I hope this is useful! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's really helpful. Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charisfage)
    Wow that's really helpful. Thank you so much!
    You're welcome! Just give me a message if you want a hand with anything, I'm more than happy to help. Best of luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.