Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am working on my UCAS application, planning to apply for a BA in Politics and International Relations. Is anyone studying there currently or studied there that could tell me how it is? Is it a good uni?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Very good University.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolap971)
    I am working on my UCAS application, planning to apply for a BA in Politics and International Relations. Is anyone studying there currently or studied there that could tell me how it is? Is it a good uni?
    Thank you
    I applied for International Relations and got my offer a few weeks ago! It's a really good uni from what I have heard. What other uni's are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a current politics student (first year) and the course, on the whole, is really interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shincup45)
    I'm a current politics student (first year) and the course, on the whole, is really interesting
    Oh that is good to know! What kind of resources do you have to have such as books and do you spend a lot on them?

ReputationRep:
    Have you/are you going to visit Leicester? When applying to any university you need to work out what you want from university and surrounding area beyond academics. Everyone's different. Personally I wasn't all that keen on Leicester but that's because I don't think it was a good fit for me. Plenty of other people seemed to like it fine but I would have preferred to be elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justastudent321)
    Oh that is good to know! What kind of resources do you have to have such as books and do you spend a lot on them?
    First term there were two books which cost £50, this term there is one which is about £30. This might seem like quite a bit, but compared to most of the other courses it's actually not that bad. A lot of the texts are available on-line which is really helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JQLeitch)
    Very good University.
    Could you please explain why it's very good?
    I can't afford to go on n open day because the train tickets cost me like 90 quid to go down to Leicester.

How is Leicester area wise? I am quite worried because I heard from some people that it's a "shtihole"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinyflame)
    Could you please explain why it's very good?
    I can't afford to go on n open day because the train tickets cost me like 90 quid to go down to Leicester.

How is Leicester area wise? I am quite worried because I heard from some people that it's a "shtihole"?
    I honestly don't know to be honest, sorry.

All I know is University of Leicester (according to league tables and reviews) is a very good University, currently a top 30 University in the UK.

I have also heard Leicester is a **** hole, but I wouldn't let that impact you choosing your University. It has a good night life, if that's your thing, and very safe areas. There's also a lot to do in it, it's a large city.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't know to be honest, sorry.

All I know is University of Leicester (according to league tables and reviews) is a very good University, currently a top 30 University in the UK.
    Yeah I know Leicester is high up in the league tables, but thanks for the repy anyways

ReputationRep:
    Tbh my mate is 4th year at that university and he only goes there for jamie Vardy's parties

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I wouldn't recommend Leicester, my mate got a first in economics and is currently applying for job seekers allowance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econdoctor)
    Tbh I wouldn't recommend Leicester, my mate got a first in economics and is currently applying for job seekers allowance
    Purely anecdotal, that could happen to anyone. The graduate prospects at Leicester in general are great.

ReputationRep:
    Purely anecdotal, that could happen to anyone. The graduate prospects at Leicester in general are great.
    Mate they've got you singing to their tunes, clapping to their songs etc. They send you one direction and thats the cash point on universal credit day

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 15, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.