lolap971
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am working on my UCAS application, planning to apply for a BA in Politics and International Relations. Is anyone studying there currently or studied there that could tell me how it is? Is it a good uni?
Thank you
genericname12365
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Very good University.
justastudent321
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lolap971)
I am working on my UCAS application, planning to apply for a BA in Politics and International Relations. Is anyone studying there currently or studied there that could tell me how it is? Is it a good uni?
Thank you
I applied for International Relations and got my offer a few weeks ago! It's a really good uni from what I have heard. What other uni's are you applying to?
shincup45
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm a current politics student (first year) and the course, on the whole, is really interesting
justastudent321
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shincup45)
I'm a current politics student (first year) and the course, on the whole, is really interesting
Oh that is good to know! What kind of resources do you have to have such as books and do you spend a lot on them?
alexs2602
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you/are you going to visit Leicester? When applying to any university you need to work out what you want from university and surrounding area beyond academics. Everyone's different. Personally I wasn't all that keen on Leicester but that's because I don't think it was a good fit for me. Plenty of other people seemed to like it fine but I would have preferred to be elsewhere.
shincup45
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by justastudent321)
Oh that is good to know! What kind of resources do you have to have such as books and do you spend a lot on them?
First term there were two books which cost £50, this term there is one which is about £30. This might seem like quite a bit, but compared to most of the other courses it's actually not that bad. A lot of the texts are available on-line which is really helpful.
tinyflame
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JQLeitch)
Very good University.
Could you please explain why it's very good?
I can't afford to go on n open day because the train tickets cost me like 90 quid to go down to Leicester.

How is Leicester area wise? I am quite worried because I heard from some people that it's a "shtihole"?
genericname12365
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tinyflame)
Could you please explain why it's very good?
I can't afford to go on n open day because the train tickets cost me like 90 quid to go down to Leicester.

How is Leicester area wise? I am quite worried because I heard from some people that it's a "shtihole"?
I honestly don't know to be honest, sorry.

All I know is University of Leicester (according to league tables and reviews) is a very good University, currently a top 30 University in the UK.

I have also heard Leicester is a **** hole, but I wouldn't let that impact you choosing your University. It has a good night life, if that's your thing, and very safe areas. There's also a lot to do in it, it's a large city.
tinyflame
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I honestly don't know to be honest, sorry.

All I know is University of Leicester (according to league tables and reviews) is a very good University, currently a top 30 University in the UK.
Yeah I know Leicester is high up in the league tables, but thanks for the repy anyways
investmentbankar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tbh my mate is 4th year at that university and he only goes there for jamie Vardy's parties
Econdoctor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tbh I wouldn't recommend Leicester, my mate got a first in economics and is currently applying for job seekers allowance
genericname12365
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Econdoctor)
Tbh I wouldn't recommend Leicester, my mate got a first in economics and is currently applying for job seekers allowance
Purely anecdotal, that could happen to anyone. The graduate prospects at Leicester in general are great.
investmentbankar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Purely anecdotal, that could happen to anyone. The graduate prospects at Leicester in general are great.
Mate they've got you singing to their tunes, clapping to their songs etc. They send you one direction and thats the cash point on universal credit day
username4158508
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We love Leicester. The uni is right next to a lovely residential area called Clarendon Park, very much like The King's Road but decades ago. Very friendly people and lots of little terraced houses with twinkly lights at Christmas.The uni seems very good too although my son ended up elsewhere.Hope this helps
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nedski)
We love Leicester. The uni is right next to a lovely residential area called Clarendon Park, very much like The King's Road but decades ago. Very friendly people and lots of little terraced houses with twinkly lights at Christmas.The uni seems very good too although my son ended up elsewhere.Hope this helps
This doesn't help since a) the thread is 2 years old and b) considering you said your son actually left this specific uni, isn't a vote of confidence when answering the question "is uni of Leicester a good uni?" looool!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (17)
16.04%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.55%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.66%
I need help with my personal statement (42)
39.62%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (25)
23.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.89%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (6)
5.66%

Watched Threads