Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want accommodation in the city centre but my course is at Talbot Campus do you think it would be possible i stayed in accommodation close to the city rather than closer to the campus and where my course is? what do you think is best
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by JVP)
    I want accommodation in the city centre but my course is at Talbot Campus do you think it would be possible i stayed in accommodation close to the city rather than closer to the campus and where my course is? what do you think is best
    Hi JVP,

It wouldn't be a problem at all! An awful lot of our first year students live in Halls on our Lansdowne Campus (next to the town centre) and then hop on the bus to Talbot. The bus pass that gets you to Talbot from Lansdowne is included in the price of your first year rent, and it's about a 10-15 minute journey.

One of our students made a vlog with her honest opinion of accommodation, so might be worth a watch!

Hope that helps,
    Katie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JVP)
    Hi JVP,

I stayed in town last year while my course was also based in Talbot campus. Don't let this put you off! Most accomodation is based in town and the majority of students who live there, still study at Talbot. There is regular university buses that run back and forth and this is included in your rent. Also as its a university bus, its packed on students so your be going to uni with your friends.

I personally loved having my accomodation in town because it meant I was close to all the night life and town centre. Also all the halls are extremely close to each other meaning its very social (always a good thing!) and your be able to visit friends easily.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions feel free to ask
    Gemma

ReputationRep:
    Make sure u get put in halls, I'm in quite a pickle I'm in a unilet which is a house and it's pretty ****, no where near any shops. Takes me like 20-30 mins to get to university might drop out and do an apprenticeship back in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azman)
    Make sure u get put in halls, I'm in quite a pickle I'm in a unilet which is a house and it's pretty ****, no where near any shops. Takes me like 20-30 mins to get to university might drop out and do an apprenticeship back in London.
    Hi Azman

My name is Amy and I am a student ambassador for Bournemouth. Sorry to hear your accomodation isn't that good. If you are still here and still having trouble talk to askBU, at the base. You can move accomodation (it has been done before) so don't give up hope!

If you have gone back to London I wish you the best of luck in your appreticeship!

Amy

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.