Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As the title gives away, Im Polish, I've been living in the UK (England) for a little over four years now and about to apply to uni. I'm currently doing an art foundation course (On a side note, I'm probably going to study in London).
    What I'm wondering is am I classed as a UK or EU student? Am i okay to apply for maintenance loans? If I am classed as an EU student, how is it going to affect me? I'm going to hit my 5 year 'anniversary' of living permanently in the UK in September 2016, which is when I could apply for a British citizenship and passport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmonicam8)
    As the title gives away, Im Polish, I've been living in the UK (England) for a little over four years now and about to apply to uni. I'm currently doing an art foundation course (On a side note, I'm probably going to study in London).
    What I'm wondering is am I classed as a UK or EU student? Am i okay to apply for maintenance loans? If I am classed as an EU student, how is it going to affect me? I'm going to hit my 5 year 'anniversary' of living permanently in the UK in September 2016, which is when I could apply for a British citizenship and passport.
    as long as you've lived in the UK for 3 years on the 1st September 2016 for reasons other than for education then you'll be treated the same as a home student- so you can get a maintenance loan from student finance for example. If you don't have a British passport by the time you come to apply for student finance which will open early next year, then you will need to provide evidence that you have lived in the UK e.g. any bills/tenancy agreement with your name on, something from your old school, current college, bank slips e.c.t- I can't remember the detailed list but I hope you get the jist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    as long as you've lived in the UK for 3 years on the 1st September 2016 for reasons other than for education then you'll be treated the same as a home student- so you can get a maintenance loan from student finance for example. If you don't have a British passport by the time you come to apply for student finance which will open early next year, then you will need to provide evidence that you have lived in the UK e.g. any bills/tenancy agreement with your name on, something from your old school, current college, bank slips e.c.t- I can't remember the detailed list but I hope you get the jist
    Hey,
    Thanks a lot this has been very helpful

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.