Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

things you'd wish you'd known for first time? watch

Announcements

so last night I was doing a lot of stuff with a boy but we didn't actually have sex. we're gonna see each other at a party tomorrow, and I think it's likely we'll end up having sex

is there anything you wish you could tell your younger self about your first time?

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it with someone you regret.
    Might not be relevant to you, but if I could go back in time I'd drill that into younger me's head

ReputationRep:
    If I could tell my past self something about it, I'd tell myself to not stress so much about it - it's not that big of a deal, it doesn't have to be perfect, and it's not worth all the nerves.

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell my younger self to bring lube.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Do you want to have intercourse with him?

If so, there's no rush - a party with other people around is not necessarily the best time or place to be losing your virginities. Being able to spend time on this is a good idea.

What are you going to do about contraception? Are you going to take condoms? (And use them? Do you know how?) Lube?

Especially if you've never had anything larger than a finger/tampon in your vagina, you might want to be in charge of what goes inside you, how far and how quickly. But sex in the context of a hookup like this can be hard to negotiate.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.