Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I WANT to get an A in chemistry (old spec)! How? AND medicine (3 years alevel) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So yeah... I've failed chemistry last year and I'm retaking it this year as an external candidate. I want to get an A grade but I'm finding difficulty with that.
    Any tips?

P.S I'm retaking my whole AS level year because Last year I was an idiot and I really regret that. I was going to give up studying but now I'm more determined than ever. I have a schedule for studying, I don't go to school anymore and I study at home.

Since I want to do medicine, 3 years of a level is really really bad and I'm well aware of that however I will try my best to get in.

I want to ask will graduate medicine be better if I done 3 years of A-Level?

By the way I'm getting voluntary experience and work experience from hospitals and GPs as I'm well aware of that.

A recent event in my life made me want to do medicine, even though I have bad grades for AS level, I'm still willing to give it my all.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got an A this year in AS chem.
    tips:
    - Print off the speicification and go through it periodically, ticking through things you can do and noting down parts of the spec that you aren't strong/sure on
    - Do ALL the past papers before the exam. Start now by doing exam questions by topic. Mark yourself, and if you don't get over 80%, go back and revise then try some more questions
    - Understand the exam technique - note down the things in bold in the mark schemes
    - If youre doing OCR exam board - machemguy youtube is a lifesaver!
    - Also 'physics and maths tutor.com' has a chemistry area tailored for all he exam boards - very good website.
    - Print off other people's notes and go through it - I personally think it's a waste of time writing out your own notes for a subject like chemistry.
    - Revise as you go along and you should achieve

It's never too late to become a doctor - Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.