Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

SAT Subject Tests watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please tell me how long will take for someone who's doing his A levels to revise properly (score of 750+) for SAT subject tests for Bio/Chem and which resources should be used for revision. I got an A at AS in both of them

ReputationRep:
    I recommend Barron's review books for the SAT Subject Tests. They're great resources, often written by teachers at advanced schools. Do lots of practice tests, too, and make sure you're used to the testing environment. That means dragging yourself out of bed super early and practicing at 8am. But don't fret too much - lots of schools are reducing their dependency on the tests. Even Brown no longer requires SAT Subject Tests if you take the ACT with Writing.

Edit: I'm American so I don't know how used to the format you are. But make sure you're used to it. I went to a top school where every test or quiz was taken on a machine-graded multiple choice Scantron sheet, so I didn't need to prepare as much for the format. I only took the SAT Reasoning Test once. But allow a few weeks if you have time to study, or more if you don't. If you're applying to enter school in Fall 2016, register and just study as much as possible. Don't wait until January!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.