Turn on thread page Beta

Had an accident, now I have a dilemma. watch

ReputationRep:
    I reversed into a parked car and damaged the guys front end and my bumper.
    we contacted each other and my dad tried to convince him to deal with this privately but he refused.
    we gave our insurance details instead and he will contact to get a quote for fixing then will contact us if we want to go private again, which is strange.

I was told that even if he doesnt claim from insurance, this information will still cancel out my NCB and everything even if no claim was pursued by the guy. not sure how true this is.

what shall I do, contact my insurer also? if he agrees to go private would there be any point because my insurance will still be affected apparent?

ReputationRep:
    you are obligated to inform your insurance of any and all accidents that happen to your car - buuuuut just because your supposed do doesnt mean your going to do it.

However a non claim should not increase your premiums. But some insurers have been known to do that so you should be prepared to argue that.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.