Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anonymous because fiends and family are on TSR.

I am about to embark on a divorce.
    I married 3 years ago - and for three years it has been continuous fights. Everyday.
    The biggest issue is his compulsive lying around drinking alcohol. Word vomit - stare you in the eyes and call you a crazy B I haven't been drinking kinda lie. Also, the lack of communication. The constant need to make me feel stupid and control what I say and how I think. The lack of financial responsibility (I work and save for us, he hits each month 300 overdrawn). The lets fight about everything small - i.e. what have you been talking to your friends about. And who has text you today. And then the 'lets have kids' talk when we can just about be in the same room for ten mins. I married a child (even though he is 31)!

Anyone else here married and divorced in their 20's? I don't call it a failure - I call it a huge life lesson. And man have I learnt some truths. Just gotta keep strong and it will work out in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds crazy - was he like that when you married him?

Did you know him for long/live together before you got married or was it a whirlwind kind of thing?

Whether it's a failure or a life lesson only you can decide, but from the sound of it, the only important thing is that you get out of there as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Run.

ReputationRep:
    Mad ting

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're little miss perfect tbh.

(Original post by Plumstone)
    Sounds crazy - was he like that when you married him?

Did you know him for long/live together before you got married or was it a whirlwind kind of thing?

Whether it's a failure or a life lesson only you can decide, but from the sound of it, the only important thing is that you get out of there as soon as possible.
    He wasn't like this when we were dating - and we were together 1.5 years before - living with each other on and off due to his studies being in the USA.

I believe it's a life lesson - I finally realised what I want out of life. I believe that if love is this hard... I could prob. do without it.

Life goes on...

(Original post by The Shed End)
    Sounds like you're little miss perfect tbh.
    I never said I was perfect - I was just asking if someone had gone through the same situation. As humans all we can do is try... if that fails... well then that's life.

ReputationRep:
    Count yourself lucky u dont have children! Live and learn, some pple learn the hard way.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.