It's the redshift.

(Original post by PrincessZara)
    I think I saw a UFO-Like thing. It was orange and moving extremly fast
    Possibly an iridium flare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    Possibly an iridium flare.

ReputationRep:
    It is amazing how we have some really intelligent people on here and there are not many intelligent answers to this kind of question. In fact, some answers are worthy of a pea-brain and not much better.

I thought that iridium flares were flashes produced by satellites when the shiny metal parts caught the reflection of the sun and caused a 'flash' like a strobe light? As I understood it, this flash only lasted a second or so and probably would not last much longer or long enough to be photographed.

If I have described one correctly, do we really think this was an iridium flare? [sarcasm]It sounds to me much more like a weather balloon, swamp gas, saturn or venus [/sarcasm]

I am virtually certain there are unidentified things whizzing about our skies and for me these are a mixture of man-made craft and ET craft. There have been far too many sightings of triangles and other strange shaped craft across the world for there NOT to be some of each of these types.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocpaul20)
    It is amazing how we have some really intelligent people on here and there are not many intelligent answers to this kind of question. In fact, some answers are worthy of a pea-brain and not much better.

I thought that iridium flares were flashes produced by satellites when the shiny metal parts caught the reflection of the sun and caused a 'flash' like a strobe light? As I understood it, this flash only lasted a second or so and probably would not last much longer or long enough to be photographed.

If I have described one correctly, do we really think this was an iridium flare? [sarcasm]It sounds to me much more like a weather balloon, swamp gas, saturn or venus [/sarcasm]

I am virtually certain there are unidentified things whizzing about our skies and for me these are a mixture of man-made craft and ET craft. There have been far too many sightings of triangles and other strange shaped craft across the world for there NOT to be some of each of these types.
    Great suggestions, but um... you were talking about pea-brain answers and then go on to mention ET craft...??

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.