The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Try pressing a glass up against your skin where the spots are. If the spots dont disappear (or near enough) then thats a strong indicator that they are malignant. However even if they are not, you should go see your quack as they may be infectious. Such skin conditions are most commonly caused by swimming in polluted waters (such as canals, the Thames etc), handling dog feces and manipulative stimulation of an unclean individual.
Reply 2
Looks very even. Do you ride a bike with knobbly grips or something?
Original post by JC.
Looks very even. Do you ride a bike with knobbly grips or something?

Nope I don't ride a bike at all or anything remotely similar. And I pressed my hand against a glass and they disappeared
What was it
What was it
Reply 6
Hey! I have this exact same problem.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Hey, I also have the same problem. I got these random red spots on the palms of my hand and they only showed up an hour or so ago. I’ve been playing Xbox all day and ate some McDonald’s and that was it... I also have another rash on my leg that appeared yesterday. I’m starting to get concerned. I know this was 4 years ago, but I need you to update me on if the reds spots disappear and if you’re still alive 😂 (sorry I get anxious). Thank you <3 ACCFBCE2-81EC-4F73-B6D1-3892DD24F5E5.jpeg
I first observed the same symptom several years ago (interestingly, around the same time that this thread was started...) The symptom continues to present itself on an intermittent, non-persistent basis as of today.

I visited several doctors over the past few years in an attempt to understand what this strange new symptom could be the result of, but I didn't find any answers. I visited two Chinese doctors at separate practices of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and they were happy to look at my palms and treat me with acupuncture (and take my money in exchange). While this did seem to clear up my palms and keep them clear for an extended period of time, I didn't receive any clear answers as to what the cause was. It's also difficult to say whether the acupuncture was the reason why my palms cleared, since the symptom typically disappears after a few days anyway.

I also visited a physician who works at a standard clinic and practices western medicine. She didn't seem overly concerned by the photos and told me to come back when the symptom was actively presenting itself. Of course, this was impossible to time since the symptom is intermittent and non-persistent, so I haven't been back and I still haven't found any answers.

I'm wondering if this could be "palmar erythema." Some of the photos for a search result on that condition seem to look pretty similar. Another possibility is "petechiae." But I really don't feel qualified to self-diagnose since I am not a doctor nor even a student of medicine. Not really sure what else to do now other than ignore this and hope that it's not caused by anything serious.
Original post by palmspots

I'm wondering if this could be "palmar erythema." Some of the photos for a search result on that condition seem to look pretty similar. Another possibility is "petechiae." But I really don't feel qualified to self-diagnose since I am not a doctor nor even a student of medicine. Not really sure what else to do now other than ignore this and hope that it's not caused by anything serious.

It looks like neither of these. If it's been going on for 4 years and you are still fine, it is unlikely to be anything serious.
Did any of you guys find anything? I have the exakt same type of spots like the pictures above. They also appear on my feet and can itch.Antihistamine helps with the itch, but spots still appear. Doctor I spoke to said it was probably hives, but I dont know. Has come and gone for several months now!Thankful for more info
This also happened to me it’s been going on for about a year I think. I’ve been to the doctor once and he said he didn’t know what it was. I was also thinking it could be palmar erythema but with that it says there is no itch or anything but mine does itch and has a slight sting
Reply 12
Hi lily have you found the cause of this yet?
Original post by Lilybeck77
This also happened to me it’s been going on for about a year I think. I’ve been to the doctor once and he said he didn’t know what it was. I was also thinking it could be palmar erythema but with that it says there is no itch or anything but mine does itch and has a slight sting

i have this same thing. it itches a little and has an odd sting sensation. i think it may be related to hands foot and mouth disease. not sure though that’s just speculation.
Reply 14
Original post by Miracle Day
image.jpeg

Hey guys. I'm a complete hypochondriac and these spots have been on my palm for a few weeks I think. Does anyone know what they could be and if they are a cause for concern.

Thank you

MD

I have the same problem 😣 too bad no one figured it out yet, but I hope the dots will disappear soon...The only unusual thing i did was getting a new hand cream before this itchy red dots showed but but I don't think the cream is the reason
I use to get dots like these on my feet/legs, they lasted 4 months but now I unexpectedly got similar dots. I never got my feet checked nor this but after using lotion on my legs and bathed in oats(there’s an aveeno pack thing that’s for eczema) they started to clear up. I’m unsure if they I have now is the same of what I’ve had before. But I think u should just use lotion
Omg I also have the same thing going on. How come no one has an answer to this!!Btw, for me, this usually happens in the summer season every year. Appears for a few weeks and then disappears
I'm pretty sure it's just a circulation thing in your hand that causes it, no need to worry, but just to be sure you should go see your GP
Original post by Rash1201
Omg I also have the same thing going on. How come no one has an answer to this!!Btw, for me, this usually happens in the summer season every year. Appears for a few weeks and then disappears

Due to the heat in the summer, the blood flow may increase and rise to the skin to increase heat loss, and so it will touch the skin and irritate it causing any itches but since it is a blood flow issue, it will disappear after a certain period of time. This may be why the acupuncture treatment worked as the needles helped with the blood flow.

Dont trust me on this........ I just figured out some wack explanation for this.
soo i have gotten these on and off for over ten years. i’ve seen many doctors. two theories:-anxiety -food allergies steps to take: reduce anxiety and/or try elimination diets. i’m currently investigating FODMAP elimination diet but only because i’ve recently developed more symptoms that i believe are connected to the spots on my palms and this can help determine potential triggers. If it is a food allergy it could have potentially been addressed and maybe wouldn’t develop into more severe allergies.i’m no doctor though. will report back, i’m starting my diet today.

Latest