Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I'm Megan. I'm 22 years old and desperate to get back into education and make a better life for myself. When I was younger, I didn't try hard enough at school and took education for granted. Now I am older and wiser, I know what I want to do but I'm unsure if I'm entitled to any help.

    My predicament is: I want to be in full time education, but this won't leave me enough time to earn a full-time wage to support myself. As it is, I live alone so don't have support from parents. I'm just really unsure on what help I am entitled to if I was in full-time education and also the costs for courses.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Missmegans0907

    If you're estranged from parents, or have worked for 3 years before you began your course then you can apply as an independent student and be assessed on your own, without a parental contribution.

    If not then we will need to consider your parent's income when assessing your application.

    Tuition fees will depend on the college/uni and course you choose, and they can be anywhere up to £9,000 which we will cover.

    There is an online calculator here; http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ which will take some information from you and calculate what you could be entitled to.

Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.