Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Suggested Music watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A friend has asked me to DJ tomorrow night at a fresher's night. Not going to be able to take anything from my collection of records (CD's only :unimpressed:). Probably for the best though, I don't imagine many people are going to wanna hear much 90's hip-hop.

So, any recommendations to throw at me? What would you like to hear on a night out? I'm gonna try and avoid Stacey's Mum/Shaggy - It Wasn't Me/Teenage Dirtbag.. Not that there's anything wrong with those songs..

ReputationRep:
    Try some 90's dance such as Rhythm Is A Dancer, No Limit, Always There

ReputationRep:
    Any Prodigy tunes

ReputationRep:
    If you're gonna be DJing a student fresher night, isn't cheesy fresher music like Shaggy and Wheatus exactly the kind of thing that you SHOULD play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    If you're gonna be DJing a student fresher night, isn't cheesy fresher music like Shaggy and Wheatus exactly the kind of thing that you SHOULD play?
    Well yes, yes it is. I kinda like the craft of DJ'ing, so maybe i'll try and sandwich cheesy stuff between groovier stuff, James Brown, some MJ, pharrell.

To be honest everyone is going to be too pissed to give a **** anyway, and only I will really be paying attention to the synchronization of beats.

ReputationRep:
    The Weeknd will deffo get everyone down
    Something everyone can jam to like some punk/ rock to get them jumping? like Green Day stuff?
    idk what bands lol but this is a good party song it's pop punk though lol
    oh and this one lol because why not haha

ummm Michael Jackson like the You Rock My World type songs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    The Weeknd will deffo get everyone down
    Something everyone can jam to like some punk/ rock to get them jumping? like Green Day stuff?
    idk what bands lol but this is a good party song it's pop punk though lol
    oh and this one lol because why not haha

ummm Michael Jackson like the You Rock My World type songs
    The Weeknd will definitely separate the women from the girls.

Nomsayin

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.