The Student Room Group

What language do you find beautiful?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saeed97
Ah cool so where did you get your French from?

My dad's side, they're French :h:
Japanese is grammatically easy but it is very tricky writing it (I know this because I speak Japanese, but couldn't write anything in it:frown:). Out of the languages that you've considered, I think that Arabic is the most beautiful but is the hardest.
(edited 8 years ago)
German- beautiful in its pronunciation, since you just pronounce everything you see on the page, and in the fact that it is limitless: if there isn't already a word for it, you can generally make one! If you're looking for a beautiful language for poems/songs, though... it seems to be on a par with gaelic (in my limited experience), in that there are and can be wonderful poems in the language, but it can be a little awkward.
Python- beautiful in its deceptively simple flexibility
Reply 163
Original post by beyknowles2
How practically useful is Farsi though? I don't get why some choose to learn languages like such instead of, for example, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Mandarin, which all would give someone an advantage in the employment market.

He didn't ask for practicality he said which one is beautiful. Anyway, depending on the field you want to study, farsi can be quite important.
saudi "arabianese" tattoos look :h:

arabic.jpg
Original post by King Mal
omg yesssssss

Why do you prefer Hindi ? Isnt Hindi/Urdu the same sort of language ?
Spanish!!!:d
French sounds lovely to me! I wish I could speak french language..
Italian is also beautiful but Italians are soooo loud and emotional! :-) Not sure I'll be ok with it.
roadman lingo innit they breed the mandem n dat, ya jailbait hoesz
French is definitely up there, its so elegant . Then it has to be korean and finally italian :smile:
French accent speaking English words mmmmmmmmm
Original post by jedanselemyia
My dad's side, they're French :h:

Wow thats really cool.
Im not as varied as you because by blood im an israelite (not to be confused with an israeli) but for simplicity sake i just call myself an arab.
Original post by cookiemunch
saudi "arabianese" tattoos look :h:

arabic.jpg

Is that your tattoo?
Original post by teenhorrorstory
😡show off :tongue: 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha 💁🏻
Spanish, Russian and German are all nice languages imo, I think the French accent is smoother than the language
Original post by saeed97
I speak a Yafa'ai dialect of arabic.
What languages do you speak?

Oh right. I speak Gujarati. Understand basic Spanish and I'm currently learning Classical Arabic.
Whatever the teletubbies are speaking.
Reply 176
That means "welcome" not hello. Hello is "salam" or "marhabaan"
Modern Icelandic (basically Old Norse) is my favourite sounding language, but I really like the writing of Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and the languages derived from Sanskrit (Hindi, Gujarati ect) as well.

English is a pretty nice sounding language too, although I'm probably biased on that.
Original post by aamirac
Oh right. I speak Gujarati. Understand basic Spanish and I'm currently learning Classical Arabic.

Gujrati is one of the many languages of India right?
And goodluck with arabic lol, if you start balding i'll know why.
Original post by saeed97
Gujrati is one of the many languages of India right?
And goodluck with arabic lol, if you start balding i'll know why.

Yep indeed.
lol. I think it has already started happening and it's only been two years :afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest