Turn on thread page Beta

No makeup at 17? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and I don't wear make up. is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    man iz this for real - of course it's normal

okay maybe not these days cos everyone's wearing make up but yeah i usually don't wear make up and i'm 17 and so do a lot of people i know sooo... but i still watch make up tutorials - i think that's not normal haha
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    im 17 in a few days and i have never worn it either
    nice to know there is someone else who dosen't :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    loads of girls at my school don't. the majority wear light makeup: mascara, concealer etc. a few wear tons of it. there's nothing wrong either way.

ReputationRep:
    of course it's normal

ReputationRep:
    join the club, besides often the eyeliner i dont really bother, I mean like me for the real me or idgaf

oh, and I'm 18

ReputationRep:
    Yes, only wear it if you're ready.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, in fact, I would argue it shows a supreme self-confidence to be able to say, "No, I won't wear makeup, I am happy with my appearance."

Granted, insecurity isn't the only reason for makeup use, but it probably has an impact.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by aamirac)
    ART!
    yes it is 3/4 done now doing history atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    im 17 in a few days and i have never worn it either
    nice to know there is someone else who dosen't :grouphugs:
    guinea pigs can't wear make up silly Cavy haha :laugh:

omg i'm older than you awh you're still 16 awh that's so cute lol

ReputationRep:
    yes CAVY you got dis **** come on

Wow nice progress! Keep going. It's amazing how much work you can get done isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and I only use it when i can be bothered tbh, i never have enough time to get ready before school so it's literally a case of "i woke up like this"! But if i'm bored i'll just put some on for fun :P i never wear foundation though, too much effort imo
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z33)
    guinea pigs can't wear make up silly Cavy haha :laugh:

omg i'm older than you awh you're still 16 awh that's so cute lol
    oh yeah i forgot, sometimes i just forget i'm a guinea pig :sigh:
    yeah everyone on here seems to think i am like 12 or something as well

(Original post by z33)
    yes CAVY you got dis **** come on
    will everyone stop doubting me lol :grumble:
    fyi i have now finished my mural and my prep sheet and only have to do a couple of pages in my sketchbook
    thanks for your motivational speeches tho :grouphugs:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Wow nice progress! Keep going. It's amazing how much work you can get done isn't it?
    aww thanks after i have finished writing about Hohenlohe for history i will carry on with my sketchbook, i don't like that part though as it is quite dreary, still needs must

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starstuff)
    I'm 17 and I only use it when i can be bothered tbh, i never have enough time to get ready before school so it's literally a case of "i woke up like this"! But if i'm bored i'll just put some on for fun :P i never wear foundation though, too much effort imo
    Don't really see the point in foundation, just gives you more spots

aww thanks after i have finished writing about Hohenlohe for history i will carry on with my sketchbook, i don't like that part though as it is quite dreary, still needs must
    Yeah I find some parts of my subjects quite boring too. But then there are all the fun parts to make up for it

ReputationRep:
    gonna agree with what was said above - it's really cool that you don't need makeup to feel confident

I'm 15 and I normally have to put on a bit of foundation and some gloss/lipstick before I go out haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm really glad to know that its not too uncommon. Almost all the girls I know wear make up! (its not a case of I'm not ready or anything, I just cant be bothered in the morning)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.