The Student Room Group

If somebody was repeating a year and they?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by British Jesus
Erm

What?
Don't re-use **** from a failed year to try and pass second time round. :indiff:
Most probably yes because they can easily compare both papers and find many similarities.
Original post by Eggs20
They need to change the definition of plagiarism then.

http://lusu.co.uk/services/advice-support/plagiarism/

Nope you need to make sure you follow the rules! Check the rules for your institution
Reply 24
Original post by earthworm
http://lusu.co.uk/services/advice-support/plagiarism/

Nope you need to make sure you follow the rules! Check the rules for your institution

No they need to change the definition of plagiarism:

'the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own'
Reply 25
Now I feel physically sick.
Original post by Eggs20
Now I feel physically sick.

Lol why?
Reply 27
Lol why?

because a lot of my dissertation has previous work in it so I will probably get kicked out.
Dont panic and check out the rules for your institution. Do you use turn it in or other plagerism checkers? If not they proberbly wont notice

Original post by Eggs20
because a lot of my dissertation has previous work in it so I will probably get kicked out.
I never repeated a year, but I always assumed that so long as it was your own work you're allowed to resubmit it

Obviously you would have to make changes so you actually pass this time
Reply 30
Dont panic and check out the rules for your institution. Do you use turn it in or other plagerism checkers? If not they proberbly wont notice

I didn't use plagerism checkers last year for my dissertation but I will be using it this year.

I hope they wouldn't notice but if they bother to look at my report from last year and compare it to this year they will see a lot of similarities.
Reply 31
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
I never repeated a year, but I always assumed that so long as it was your own work you're allowed to resubmit it

Obviously you would have to make changes so you actually pass this time

I thought this as well. But now I am beginning to think i was completely wrong and I am ******.

Quick Reply

Latest