Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

hey, I'm just looking for some advice
    i'm in my last yr of school before uni and the fact i've been single for far too long is upsetting me -it's been such a long time since I even kissed someone or went on a date
    even tho i try not to think about it, its really getting me down, i know im ok looking (im a girl) but how do i stop thinking about this?

thanks btw

Just look forward to uni, and think about it this way:

Getting into a relationship now would be the worst thing to do because you'd have to separate for uni anyway (unless you go to the same one or can make a long distance relationship work)
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    think about getting the grades, getting into a good uni, getting a job

and then guys will run after you because they dig girls who are financially independent and know what they want in life :dumbells: well, hopefully that'll be the case lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i'm in my last yr of school before uni and the fact i've been single for far too long is upsetting me -it's been such a long time since I even kissed someone or went on a date
    even tho i try not to think about it, its really getting me down, i know im ok looking (im a girl) but how do i stop thinking about this?

thanks btw
    pm me

thanks guys, im looking forward to uni but its still a year away... and distracting yourself with work usually does the job for me but its making me feel a bit empty

Remember that you don't need a guy in your life to make it complete. You have a life, you have hobbies, you have important relationships, you have ambitions and dreams for you to complete and look forward to. You are an awesome individual who has so much to offer the world and sooner or later someone will come along who sees how special you are. It's better to wait for someone who you know is right for you than to settle for someone just so you can say you're in a relationship. University is an exciting prospect for the future, but right now, go for it. Say yes sometimes when you would normally say no, take some risks, meet some new people. I've just started uni and in the past few weeks I've met so many more people by taking a few risks (I mean like go to a party with people you barely know, not jump of a cliff :P) You never know, the guy of your dreams may be standing behind the next door. Best wishes xox
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    thanks guys, im looking forward to uni but its still a year away... and distracting yourself with work usually does the job for me but its making me feel a bit empty
    I know what you mean you want someone to text in between your study breaks, or to go out with every so often as a breather from all the hard work. But that's what your friends are there fooooor!

It's normal to want or even miss affectionate company, you'll just have to make do without it until the opportunity comes to you.

ReputationRep:
    I relate too much to these threads.

Don't worry. It will be a-okay.

ReputationRep:

thanks btw
    When you go onto uni and maybe get a part time job you will make new friends, and with that your friendship circle grows and you will be introduced to loads of new people (some of them you'll date) and go to loads of parties - so don't worry about it focus on getting into a good uni for now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.