Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What did you learn from caring? Help? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What did you learn from caring for a person?
    I cant think of anything even though it is a key role in my life! Please help!

ReputationRep:
    What is this for?

You probably want to think about what aspects of caring are relevant for the thing you are applying for (I assume it's an application). For example, in a job working with vulnerable people/psychology etc then practical skills and knowledge would be very relevant. Things like understanding the barriers someone who is disabled/ill faces in society, valuing equal opportunities, knowing how to manage physical care sensitively, communication skills if the person you care for has difficulty in this area. For a non-relevant role you could focus on the personal traits you have needed to cultivate e.g. caring, patient, resourceful, problem solving, positive, good at dealing with difficult situation/calm in a crisis, responsible, reliable, organisation.

Try and give an example of how you learnt the things you pick out. E.g. 'I am well organised as I have had to balance school and caring responsibilities.' 'caring for my relative has enabled me to gain a more full understanding of the barriers faced by people with disabilities within society and the impact this has on the individual' 'caring often requires me to deal with difficult situations in a resourceful way, coming up with creative solutions to problems'

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.