Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have some questions regarding my eiligibility to a student loan to cover tution fees. I am from Spain and started law school back in 2010, but dropped out after two years because it just wasn't the course I wanted to dedicate my life to.

I am planning on applying to sport and exercise science starting in 2016 and wanted to know if those two previous years in university in Spain will affect my eligibility towards receiving a student loan. Furthermore, I am actually moving to England in January so I don't know if that would qualify me as a migrant worker. From my understanding, that would change the whole process of applying to a student loan and I might be able to get a maintenance grant as well.

Thanks in advance!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Francesc9

With 2 years of previous study we would not be able to offer full funding in the 1st year of any new course.

You could only apply as a migrant worker if you were actually working whilst you study, not just because you are present in the UK. If you are working whilst you study then we can assess you for full support, but again in first year this would not be all funding, you would be entitled to a maintenance loan only.

If you choose not to work and apply as an EU student then we could not offer any funding in the first year at all.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi Francesc9

With 2 years of previous study we would not be able to offer full funding in the 1st year of any new course.

You could only apply as a migrant worker if you were actually working whilst you study, not just because you are present in the UK. If you are working whilst you study then we can assess you for full support, but again in first year this would not be all funding, you would be entitled to a maintenance loan only.

If you choose not to work and apply as an EU student then we could not offer any funding in the first year at all.

Thanks

Thanks for the response Mark

I am moving to the UK in January to work, but would like to study as well. The maintenance loan would help tremendously, but I'd have to find a way to cover tuition fees.

I'll figure it out.

Thanks again!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.