Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm in my 20s and I for the past 4 years just can't seem to find any men who want an actual relationship it seems they all just want to sew the wild oats. I'm not even attracted to the jock/player types just seemingly nice, sensible, studious guys but none of them want anything meaningful! No I'm not sleeping with any of these men by the way.

How can I find emotionally available men who want relationships?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Dating websites?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Are you still studying?

ReputationRep:
    keep looking maybe. How do we know?

You do realise that sex in a relatinship is mostly expected and completely normal right lol
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Purchase a cucumber

Zuki knows the deal

ReputationRep:
    Just keep looking and eventually you'll find someone worthwhile. There are loads of good people out there

Honestly there are sooo many guys who don't act that way!!
    You've just been unlucky/haven't found the right person yet

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try guys who are a bit older and got stuff together?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Purchase a cucumber

Zuki knows the deal
    LOOOOL :rofl: Why do you still remember!! That post was ages ago lmaoooo
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Zuki)
    LOOOOL :rofl: Why do you still remember!! That post was ages ago lmaoooo
    its just one of those things i remember you by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in my 20s and I for the past 4 years just can't seem to find any men who want an actual relationship it seems they all just want to sew the wild oats. I'm not even attracted to the jock/player types just seemingly nice, sensible, studious guys but none of them want anything meaningful! No I'm not sleeping with any of these men by the way.

Thank you
    I'm sure there exist men in their early 20s that fit you criteria, but you may be hard pressed to find them. I encourage you to keep looking, far better than not looking, but I think only as guys get older do they mature. In the 25 to 30 bracket I think you'll star to find more mature guys. What do others think?

(Original post by silverbolt)
    keep looking maybe. How do we know?

You do realise that sex in a relatinship is mostly expected and completely normal right lol
    Of course I do. What I am saying is that I do not sleep with these men outside of a relationship and then expect a relationship after.

ReputationRep:
    Focus on your studies.

ReputationRep:

Thank you
    Hi have you met me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    its just one of those things i remember you by
    Lmaoo what a thing to be remembered by smh

(Original post by Final Fantasy)
    Are you still studying?
    Yes I am. I am finding it difficult to meet people outside of the student community and fear that someone my age who is working for example would not want to date someone living in halls and off of student finance.

(Original post by hektik)
    I'm sure there exist men in their early 20s that fit you criteria, but you may be hard pressed to find them. I encourage you to keep looking, far better than not looking, but I think only as guys get older do they mature. In the 25 to 30 bracket I think you'll star to find more mature guys. What do others think?
    I agree. I'm struggling to meet guys that age because I am a student and I worry that guys in that age won't want to date student, even though I am a mature student. What do you think I should do?

(Original post by 06sulraj)
    Focus on your studies.
    I am doing that too, thank you.

I'm not even attracted to the jock/player types just seemingly nice, sensible, studious guys but none of them want anything meaningful! No I'm not sleeping with any of these men by the way.
    I'm not seemingly nice, sensible, and studious, I am those things - and more! I'm certainly not a jock/player type. So there are types like us out there (I am male, btw). The thing is, we tend to be quieter and less forward. I think with this sort of thing it is a case of "empty vessels making the most noise". The jock/player types are the most pushy, so they seem to dominate.

I think you need to look beyond the guys in the foreground. And I can't imagine being a mature student is an automatic turn off for all that many men. Certainly not for me - I'm a mature student myself!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yes I am. I am finding it difficult to meet people outside of the student community and fear that someone my age who is working for example would not want to date someone living in halls and off of student finance.
    That's why I asked. Yes, unfortunately I'd have to agree with you there. My advice would be to simply not look for 'emotionally available men who want relationships'. Rather, focus on your studies, work your way into a full-time career and you'll find that you no longer have to ask this question.

Personally, I would not want to be involved with a full-time student. I work, have a long-term plan, pay the bills, insurance, mortgage, taxes etc. and I just don't think that a full-time student is yet ready for any of the real-world challenges and commitments expected in a serious relationship that they'll one day face.

It will get better once you've finished your studies. Don't stress yourself over this, it's not worth it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.