Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Don't you find it worrying that... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In the next 5 years, your future will have mapped itself at. For some of us, the journey begins at GCSEs. I find it worrying that one month of exams starts off your journey in life.

ReputationRep:
    That's just how things are, can't change it sadly..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    no because im really good at exams

ReputationRep:
    Worrying changes nothing.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Aww are you 15/16? It's okay, you'll get used to constantly being tested and gradually harder things, and life getting harder in general.

It is a bit weird that we're already making life decisions at the age of 14, when we pick what GCSEs we want to take :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Not only do GCSEs start your journey, but the outcome of those vital exams are irreversible and cannot be countered.

(Original post by ihatePE)
    no because im really good at exams
    Chinese?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Aww are you 15/16? It's okay, you'll get used to constantly being tested and gradually harder things, and life getting harder in general.

It is a bit weird that we're already making life decisions at the age of 14, when we pick what GCSEs we want to take :eek:
    I'm 14, start of Y10, but I think that it is quite daunting that we made our own life decisions at GCSEs.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by danielwinstanley)
    I'm 14, start of Y10, but I think that it is quite daunting that we made our own life decisions at GCSEs.
    Although GCSEs help you to some extent, there are alternative ways of succeeding in life should GCSEs, A levels, university and so forth not go to plan.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm well tbh though there's people who just flunked their GCSEs, dropped out of education, didn't look back til their 20s and then resat their GCSEs, did some A-levels and are now at uni doing what they wanna do

GCSEs aren't everything, and your grades aren't everything - don't worry there is ALWAYS a back up plan AND always a way around :P
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by FridaKahlo)
    Chinese?
    i really dont want to do this but frida, you need to scrape your monobrow off

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.