Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just started my AS levels at the beginning of this academic year and I'm taking Chemistry, Maths and Physics. I am also self-teaching myself History off of timetable with support from my teachers, I was wondering if anyone had any advice or is in my position?

thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzie-xx)
    Hi, I just started my AS levels at the beginning of this academic year and I'm taking Chemistry, Maths and Physics. I am also self-teaching myself History off of timetable with support from my teachers, I was wondering if anyone had any advice or is in my position?

thank you
    Go on the exam board websites and find A-level history and then look through the teachers resources and they contain lists of different things that can be used to cover each aspect of the course.

But if you want the easy route, get the exam board textbook and an in depth textbook - these should cover the course fine. It's a good idea to buy some cheap secondhand additional reading books to have a read over holidays!

ReputationRep:
    Advice, get a teacher (not multiple ones!) to check your progress once a week. This will help you keep focused and motivated to do work as they can offer general advice to you and will mean you have to report to someone.

Think of it as having a History tutor, expect their job is only to ensure you're keeping up with the work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzie-xx)

thank you
    To be honest, I don't believe it would be too hard if you follow the specification and have a teacher to go to when you're stuck. The good thing about history is: that there are never wrong answers, only very good ones (except dates and facts of course). A lot of the course at AS is your own opinion on an event, series of events or a person.

Just make sure you don't slack. What are you studying?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.