Midwife course....what a-levels do i pick?

Watch
samiha999
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i want to be a midwife and the required subject is biology and any related subjects. so i should i do biology psychology and health and social care? and my fourth option is french for definite. do i drop health and social care? because no offence to anyone, health and social care is seen as a softer a-level. if i do french, will they totally disregard it because the course im picking doesn't require a language? ughhhhh i dont know

if you are/want to be midwife what a levels would you suggest for me.
username2130115
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
biology, psychology, chemistry and any other a-level
LilacFlorence
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samiha999)
i want to be a midwife and the required subject is biology and any related subjects. so i should i do biology psychology and health and social care? and my fourth option is french for definite. do i drop health and social care? because no offence to anyone, health and social care is seen as a softer a-level. if i do french, will they totally disregard it because the course im picking doesn't require a language? ughhhhh i dont know

Definitely do biology. An A level in a language is good for just about any course so it's a good choice - for midwifery it shows that you can communicate effectively and it may allow you to communicate with patients who don't have English as their first language. As midwifery is a vocational course, unis tend to care more about the work experience you have and your people skills than the subjects you do as long as you have the grades. Psychology, sociology and health and social care would all be good, relevant options as long as you enjoy them and think you could do well in them.
I wouldn't suggest doing chemistry as the person above suggested as it is really hard! Unless you are passionate about it and very good at it at gcse, I would steer clear of it
I hope that helps
TheHopefulMedic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by samiha999)

I want to be a midwife too am currently studying Biology Psychology English language and Literature and History
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (47)
24.35%
Less motivated (146)
75.65%

Watched Threads