Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

When to start revising for AS levels? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I really don't know when to start revising... should i be studying to understand now and then intensely revise later? or intensely revise now and do practise questions later? I'm especially worried with maths as although i love it, its not my strongest subject, and i have really bad teacher for C1 (edexcel).

please help! thank you

ReputationRep:
    What subjects you doing? (I'm guessing you're doing maths but what else?)
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Just read and go over your notes from the lesson

If you have difficulty understanding anything you've covered, approach your teacher.

ReputationRep:
    If anybody is doing History , Gov&politics or Business - PLEASE PM me honestly need some help

ReputationRep:
    Maths with mechanics, chemistry, physics and history
    (Original post by Heffalump .)
    What subjects you doing? (I'm guessing you're doing maths but what else?)

With maths, you want to fully understand the topic by going over your notes and being confident in exam questions before you move on to a new topic. That way you are revising as you are going and you don't have to panic during exams season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzie-xx)
    Maths with mechanics, chemistry, physics and history
    Well I did Maths Chemistry Biology and Geography and I started properly revising in April... I kinda kept up with the work during term time... not very well.. Actually I didn't at all, and I did barely any work throughout the school term and was behind in most of the stuff (except maths core 1 and 2, and a bit of chemistry) but when I started revising in April, it was hardcore revision and I ended up with 4 A's. I dont think this kinda of revision will work for History, I think you'll need to start that earlier, but depending on how well you know your learning methods and how good you are at last minute revision, then you can pull off starting to revision in April-ish.
    But I would advice not doing what I did, and as long as you keep up with your work and know what you're doing at the moment then revision should be a lot easier and you should be able to start it properly in April with no massive complications (depending on how ready you feel)

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Thank you so much this is really reasurring
    (Original post by Heffalump .)
    Well I did Maths Chemistry Biology and Geography and I started properly revising in April... I kinda kept up with the work during term time... not very well.. Actually I didn't at all, and I did barely any work throughout the school term and was behind in most of the stuff (except maths core 1 and 2, and a bit of chemistry) but when I started revising in April, it was hardcore revision and I ended up with 4 A's. I dont think this kinda of revision will work for History, I think you'll need to start that earlier, but depending on how well you know your learning methods and how good you are at last minute revision, then you can pull off starting to revision in April-ish.
    But I would advice not doing what I did, and as long as you keep up with your work and know what you're doing at the moment then revision should be a lot easier and you should be able to start it properly in April with no massive complications (depending on how ready you feel)

ReputationRep:
    I began srs revision in April , but its much better to do light work every week to consolidate what you have learnt.

ReputationRep:
    Now is a good time, with your Winter mocks approaching (I assume) its best to just start now and get into the trend!

ReputationRep:
    now is good, especially with maths it takes a lot of practice. What subjects do you do? If you don't want to start now, a good time to start is mid feb/early march, this will give you enough time to go over topics and then do past papers afterwards

ReputationRep:
    hey, so your struggling with maths? I know the feels For AS maths all you need is examsolutions.net, your class book and past papers and you'll get that A grade god willing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzie-xx)
    Hi, I really don't know when to start revising... should i be studying to understand now and then intensely revise later? or intensely revise now and do practise questions later? I'm especially worried with maths as although i love it, its not my strongest subject, and i have really bad teacher for C1 (edexcel).

please help! thank you
    Initially I planned to start at the end of the second week of April since it was the start of our end of term break, and my first AS levels was at the start of May; however, I got concussed and lost some memory. I had a killer headache and couldn't work for a week - the whole holiday. I ended up with a week to revise. Fortunately most of my memory returned, and what I am still missing today is unimportant(probably idk what I'm missing). With that week to revise I seriously knuckled down, and revised on some of the days between exams as well. Trust me, If I can do it, you can too (:

And for maths just do a few past papers until you get the hang of it.
    Try physicsandmathstutors.com

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.