Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Missed so many classes already?! Depressed? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've missed about 10 classes since starting the first year early October, I have 4 classes a week. I know it's really bad but one of my family members is having major issues so I have to keep going home to make sure they're ok because I'm terrified they'll do something stupid. On top of this I have an eating disorder and spend most of my time sleeping or working (I'm too poor not to work sigh) and I'm always cold and sad. I don't really have any friends yet and I feel so stupid and self conscious in class. I just don't know what to do any more, all the work and pressure of everything is making me feel so depressed! I'm scared of being kicked off the course or having my loan money taken away but I just don't know what to do any more. I feel like dropping out but at the same time I don't want to

ReputationRep:
    Hi OP

Sorry to hear of your current situation. Sounds like a lot of pressure is on you, which likely isn't helping the above problems!

Firstly, you CAN get back on track. First year uni can be overwhelming but you can get back on track if you want to. There's usually student advisers available in your campus to help you if you're struggling.

As for the course, if you want to give it a bash, then remind yourself you can and think of what benefits your degree will give you.

ReputationRep:
    Your uni will have some kind of Student Support department, with counsellors who can listen with a full understanding of both uni and life pressures. They can offer advice on how you might be able to get the balance right and carry on.

Your tuition fee helps to pay for this service, so do use it. I found mine invaluable when I found myself with an unpleasant decision to make.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.