Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Medical school free watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've read that in countries like Denmark and Sweeden, Medicine is free.
    Has anyone heard the same or applied there.?
    I'm a biomed graduate next year and would like to see if medicine is free to study abroad in the EU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.V.S)
    I've read that in countries like Denmark and Sweeden, Medicine is free.
    Has anyone heard the same or applied there.?
    I'm a biomed graduate next year and would like to see if medicine is free to study abroad in the EU
    They are free and any EU students can apply for the free places but the courses aren't in English as far as I'm aware. Not sure about Denmark but Swedish medical schools teach in Swedish, you have to prove fluency in the language at the time of application. The competition ratios are also higher than ours.

Even as a grad entrant the loan for tuition is under a manageable repayment scheme and the 3.5k you need to find up front could potentially be saved for between graduating and securing a place on a GEP here in the UK. The fees are much lower at most places in Europe but I don't think there is a loan system to cover international study.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.