Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which Uni do u think is better?
    i know Newcastle is one position lower in overall league tables, but is 2nd only to Glasgow for medicine, cant remember where manch is....

Ive heard newc is getting better and better as a uni, is this true? thee is loads of new developments at newcastle but apart from the merger nothing really that great at manchester

ReputationRep:
    Manchester

ReputationRep:
    I would say Manchester (though I probably get told of for this) but I am very biased and I have heared good thingd about Newcastle too. Manchester is the bigger city and probably has better nightlive than even Newcastle does.

The merger with UMIST can only help matters too. I guess it depends which city you happen to like the most.

(Original post by doowop)
    apart from the merger nothing really that great at manchester
    Much like saying "apart from starting a little bit of a war and killing a few people Hitler wasn't really that bad".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doowop)
    Which Uni do u think is better?
    i know Newcastle is one position lower in overall league tables, but is 2nd only to Glasgow for medicine, cant remember where manch is....

Ive heard newc is getting better and better as a uni, is this true? thee is loads of new developments at newcastle but apart from the merger nothing really that great at manchester
    Well with that attitude you better keep well away from Manchester to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Choose Newcastle, people are so biased on here.

If Manchester had a ****, people on here would be fighting to suck it.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Newcastle and read business econ and my m8 went to Manc to study law.

I like both places and they're both great unis. We both have stellar grad jobs to go into (both in law, funnily enough).

About NCL getting better and better, I'd agree with this. It was the Times' University of the Year a couple of years ago and is very well-respected by employers. I've friends who landed jobs at Accenture, UBS Warburg, Barclays Capital, major City law firms etc.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.