Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've got 7 left of which only 3 are important to me. The others i've practically already passed or are retakes which i got a fair mark first time round.

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my final exam! w00h00 that feels good!

Unfortunately, I only have Tuesday to relax because our college force us to participate in the summer programme, which starts on Wednesday and lasts about 1 month

ReputationRep:
    I've finished my exams now and feel rather empty...It's kinda like, is that it? A years worth of work examinined in a couple of hours over a couple of weeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    I have to go back on thursday, but i am a peer counseller so have to go on wednesday .
    9 days! You must be learning alot more than i will then!
    Yay for coursework :rolleyes:
    My school always goes over the top on these things, 9 days for Geog too when we could have done it in 3. Hmm... can't believe I've got to go back to school and think about bio coursework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    My school always goes over the top on these things, 9 days for Geog too when we could have done it in 3. Hmm... can't believe I've got to go back to school and think about bio coursework
    And the joy of doing it over the summer holidays. But only three subjects from now till september, hopefully these weeks will be a little more relaxed than others.

ReputationRep:
    And the joy of doing it over the summer holidays. But only three subjects from now till september, hopefully these weeks will be a little more relaxed than others.
    Not for me I'm either doing all 4 or I haven't decided which one to drop yet, so I've got to keep going to all my lessons. Hmph. Only feels like a few weeks ago I did my last piece of bio coursework too :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not for me I'm either doing all 4 or I haven't decided which one to drop yet, so I've got to keep going to all my lessons. Hmph. Only feels like a few weeks ago I did my last piece of bio coursework too :rolleyes:
    Ahh i would have to go to all the lessons but i'm taking the opportunity to drop general studies as soon as possible. I hate biology coursework though - its always the coursework i do worst at. And i found the AS coursework hard so i don't imagine me doing well this time but i'll have to see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh i would have to go to all the lessons but i'm taking the opportunity to drop general studies as soon as possible. I hate biology coursework though - its always the coursework i do worst at. And i found the AS coursework hard so i don't imagine me doing well this time but i'll have to see how it goes.
    It's annoying you never get to find out how well you do in it either, the closest indicator I suppose I'll have is my unit 3 module mark, but I won't know what came from the paper and what came from the coursework.

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying you never get to find out how well you do in it either, the closest indicator I suppose I'll have is my unit 3 module mark, but I won't know what came from the paper and what came from the coursework.
    You werm't given your marks? My teacher said i got a C/D :eek: I really can't stand biology coursework. Need to get a good mark in the exams now grr.

ReputationRep:
    You werm't given your marks? My teacher said i got a C/D :eek: I really can't stand biology coursework. Need to get a good mark in the exams now grr.
    Nope, don't have a clue how I did at all! What did you do yours on? Which exam board? And did you get a draft? Sorry, questions!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, don't have a clue how I did at all! What did you do yours on? Which exam board? And did you get a draft? Sorry, questions!
    Hehe i did mine on 'The effect of bead diameter on the reaction of lactose to glucose and galactose'. It went horribly wrong and i couldn't make very clear different alginate bead sizes. Its Edexcel. A draft of what sorry?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe i did mine on 'The effect of bead diameter on the reaction of lactose to glucose and galactose'. It went horribly wrong and i couldn't make very clear different alginate bead sizes. Its Edexcel. A draft of what sorry?
    Mine was edexcel too, we got a draft though. We did a write up, our teacher checked it and told us what we needed to change, and then we gave in a final copy which was marked as our official mark.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was edexcel too, we got a draft though. We did a write up, our teacher checked it and told us what we needed to change, and then we gave in a final copy which was marked as our official mark.
    Ah yes i got a draft - my teacher didn't really want to mark them though. Mainly i failed in the implementing part. Overall i think my mark was 22. I did actually expect an E though.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes i got a draft - my teacher didn't really want to mark them though. Mainly i failed in the implementing part. Overall i think my mark was 22. I did actually expect an E though.
    A 22 is a C/D??? :eek: But it's only out of 30!

ReputationRep:
    A 22 is a C/D??? :eek: But it's only out of 30!
    Yeh i think the boundaries are quite close together, so a mark or two extra could help considerably.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i think the boundaries are quite close together, so a mark or two extra could help considerably.
    Good lord. I probably got an F then!

ReputationRep:
    Nah i'm sure you didn't get an F! - i got quite a bit of help on the practical part from the teacher which reduced my marks. Will we find out the marks for the coursework on results day or just the whole AS mark?

ReputationRep:
    Nah i'm sure you didn't get an F! - i got quite a bit of help on the practical part from the teacher which reduced my marks. Will we find out the marks for the coursework on results day or just the whole AS mark?
    I'm not sure, but I think you just get a mark for unit 3 as a whole, which will be half coursework and half the written unit 3 paper, I don't think they'll be separated, though I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    its stupid how close grade boundaries are for some subjects

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, but I think you just get a mark for unit 3 as a whole, which will be half coursework and half the written unit 3 paper, I don't think they'll be separated, though I could be wrong.
    Well that'll be a nice low unit mark for me then!

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.