The Student Room Group

New boy - Please help

Hello, confession. I'm 25 years old and not actually a student as yet but i really want to go back to college in September to study an access course in Science so I can begin studying an Uni to become a Dietician.

I was wondering if anyone has undergone a similar route and if they could shed some light on their experiences. Any information whatsoever would really help.

I havent studied at college/uni for over 8 years so i'm a little rusty with the education routine, the lack of finances, so on so on. Is there anyone that can help an old boy?

Appreciate any advice.

Whitehulk
Reply 1
I'm studying on an Access course (social science) so if there are any general question you have about Access courses, I can try and help.

BTW I'm 27 so less of the old :wink:
Reply 2
Ha ha, sorry, i'll refrain from using the term 'old'...!

So, what are access courses like. I'm under the impression that they provide you with the required knowledge to continue to Uni? Are you finding yours difficult? How do you manage with living, i.e rent, bills, credit, going out, food? And do you work part time?

Thanks for the help.
Reply 3
while doing your access course, you may get an adult learning grant of up to £1500, but that's about it.
In some circumstances, you may be eligible to claim benefits, but you would need to check with your local dss and housing benefit departments. If you are full time you should be exempt from council tax.

Latest

Trending

Trending