To the MODS or admins Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I dont have regular use of a PC, so most of the times I use internet Cafe's I regulary find that your site does not launch I hope to get a pc soon but this is my only way of connecting at present. I am a little confused that it used to work a few months ago from the same cafe, but this now it does not I have been to 3 cafe's today and finally found one that allows me to browse your website... why is this?
is there a fix for this?

regards
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I dont have regular use of a PC, so most of the times I use internet Cafe's I regulary find that your site does not launch I hope to get a pc soon but this is my only way of connecting at present. I am a little confused that it used to work a few months ago from the same cafe, but this now it does not I have been to 3 cafe's today and finally found one that allows me to browse your website... why is this?
is there a fix for this?

regards
Hi,

Do you get any kind of error message when you try to access the site from one of these cafes? This would help us try to ascertain what the problem is.

Thanks,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
Hi,

Do you get any kind of error message when you try to access the site from one of these cafes? This would help us try to ascertain what the problem is.

Thanks,
Hi thanks for your speedy response, i am in another town in a cafe at the moment but my local cafe is the one i have probs with - it says somethink like you do not have access to veiw this site or something like you are not authorized to veiw this site. I hope this helps, lastly how do get authorization, once i have this i can then use my local cafe, it takes me like 35 minutes on bus to this cafe i am in now.

thanks once again !!
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hi thanks for your speedy response, i am in another town in a cafe at the moment but my local cafe is the one i have probs with - it says somethink like you do not have access to veiw this site or something like you are not authorized to veiw this site. I hope this helps, lastly how do get authorization, once i have this i can then use my local cafe, it takes me like 35 minutes on bus to this cafe i am in now.

thanks once again !!
Hmm... it sounds like something the internet cafe may have installed which prevents access to certain sites (a bit like a net nanny sort of thing), although I can't see why they would want to block this one.

Alternatively it could be the HTTP unauthorised access error, which you get if you try to access a protected site without the required credentials, but I can't see how that could be the case as the root of the site is not protected in such a way.

Have you tried asking the staff at the cafe? They should be able to help (I would hope!).

If you get the chance, try posting the entire error message exactly as it appears.

Good luck,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I have the message as it is :

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.uk-learning.net home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

I hope this helps, I called the internet cafe and they confirm they have no restrictions applied, this is what they sent me via mail - Hope this helps

Thanks
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.uk-learning.net home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

I hope this helps, I called the internet cafe and they confirm they have no restrictions applied, this is what they sent me via mail - Hope this helps

Thanks
Can you confirm that this error message was received when you tried to access the UK-Learning front page (http://www.uk-learning.net), not some other page on the site? I ask this because such an error message could be obtained if an unauthorised user tried to access the moderator or administrator control panel.

This is very strange, it's like the UK-Learning webserver has got an access block set up on that internet cafe's IP address block or something, I'm lost as to why. I will contact the forum administrator and see if any similar problems have been reported in the past, or if he knows what might be causing it.

Kind Regards,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
Can you confirm that this error message was received when you tried to access the UK-Learning front page (http://www.uk-learning.net), not some other page on the site? I ask this because such an error message could be obtained if an unauthorised user tried to access the moderator or administrator control panel.

This is very strange, it's like the UK-Learning webserver has got an access block set up on that internet cafe's IP address block or something, I'm lost as to why. I will contact the forum administrator and see if any similar problems have been reported in the past, or if he knows what might be causing it.

Kind Regards,
Hi, just called the cafe again, it definatly is this URL : http://www.uk-learning.net

seems daft that the error actually tels you to go to this site, when on the other hand it says access denied

Thanks for your help
d
Badges:
Report 15 years ago

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the crede

Thanks
Nope, we have no access blocks at all set up.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by d)
Nope, we have no access blocks at all set up.
I did some research on the net - seems like you may have blocked an IP address, that is used by the internet cafe's they use a static IP address.

Sorry to be a pain but, this internet cafe has 160 computers shame that none will allow me to browse to this site, I guess I will browse here when i am out of town, sorry for all the inconveniance I have caused.

Thanks for all your help

Bye
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I did some research on the net - seems like you may have blocked an IP address, that is used by the internet cafe's they use a static IP address.

Sorry to be a pain but, this internet cafe has 160 computers shame that none will allow me to browse to this site, I guess I will browse here when i am out of town, sorry for all the inconveniance I have caused.

Thanks for all your help

Bye
It looks like it may be a problem at the internet cafe's end or something to do with their ISP. In that case, it's only they who can fix it.

I hope you find a way around your problems, good luck!

Kind Regards,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hi thanks - the cafe just called to say that the site is working, don't know what happen.. any way cheers guys

Rich
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hi thanks - the cafe just called to say that the site is working, don't know what happen.. any way cheers guys

Glad that you can visit now!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (71)
30.21%
No - I got the required grades (133)
56.6%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.19%

Watched Threads