Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if anyone's started one, but i just wanted to say how great the match was between Roddick and grojean, (don't know how to spell that) i'm with roddick all the way, forget henman, he doesn't have a chance

ReputationRep:
    THeres no reason for me to watch the tennis anymore... Tim and Greg are out and Anna was never in it at the start

ReputationRep:
    I'm working at the All England practice courts next week in Wimbledon...woo woo.

ReputationRep:
    yay! go Roddick.... or Dickrod as my sister named him :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Dickrod... Interesting... very interesting... Whens Wimbledon starting? Get me some strawberries....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    I'm working at the All England practice courts next week in Wimbledon...woo woo.
    What are you doing? How did you get the job?

Wimbledon starts a week on Monday. The list of seeds should come out tomorrow, followed by the draw. I have centre court tickets for the first day.

I still believe in Tim!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyballerina)
    What are you doing? How did you get the job?

Wimbledon starts a week on Monday. The list of seeds should come out tomorrow, followed by the draw. I have centre court tickets for the first day.

I still believe in Tim!
    I'm doing security at The Championships. I applied online, went to an interview and that was about it! You're really lucky getting CC tickets - hope you have a great time!

ReputationRep:
    we got no1 court tickets for ladie's quarter-finals day.
    last year we had two days, including ladie's final day, both at centre court. :rolleyes:
    i can't actually watch henman matches anymore without a cushion to cringe behind. did anyone see the french open semi-final? it was craaaaazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire-faery)
    we got no1 court tickets for ladie's quarter-finals day.
    last year we had two days, including ladie's final day, both at centre court. :rolleyes:
    i can't actually watch henman matches anymore without a cushion to cringe behind. did anyone see the french open semi-final? it was craaaaazy.
    Henman had a chance to win it. Bet he would have beaten Coria if it were on grass. Go Tim!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiempo)
    THeres no reason for me to watch the tennis anymore... Tim and Greg are out and Anna was never in it at the start
    Aaah....Anna! I've seen her once at Wimbledon...she's gorg!

Can't wait to go to wimbledon this year. I'm gonna go on the first friday. It's gonna be great.

ReputationRep:
    true, true. the last set was weird...i was only half-watching it, looked up, and coria had won. i was like: how did that happen?! ah well, fingers crossed for wimbledon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire-faery)
    true, true. the last set was weird...i was only half-watching it, looked up, and coria had won. i was like: how did that happen?! ah well, fingers crossed for wimbledon.
    If only Henman had won that semi......

He's expecting a second baby so I've heard... parenthood... dream on Tim...

Anyone seen that American Express ad with Agassi in it? That's just so funny.

ReputationRep:
    When I was ballgirling at Wimbledon I saw Anna K really close up and she's not AS beautiful as people make out....even the guys noticed it too. I just think it's the fact that there aren't really that many good looking women tennis players, so she stands out, especially being so feminine.

ReputationRep:
    Now you've just ruinned my life for me

But i'll drool no matter what

ReputationRep:
    haha, sorry...i'm sure u'll get over it!

ReputationRep:
    I HATE RODDICK that american RODICK-ROD= D**K.

He ruins the beauty of the game, with services as fast as 153 and simply boring tennis. Sebastian Grosjean on the other hand is a very interesting player to watch- did you guys see the Queens semifinal against Lee where he came back after a rather bad start (one set down or something).

Sadly, Henman will never, I mean never ever never ever never win a grand slam (yes that definitely includes wimbledon). The competition is too tough with Federer, Roddick, Grosjean and Hewitt all playing good. Maybe now is good time for him to retire?
    Talking about retirement, what is up with Martina Narvatilova? I heard she will play at wimbledon!! Why can't she just sit back? Surely she doesn't think she stands a chance...does she...maybe she is going through mid-life or whatever they call it.

I hope that Venus, Grosjean and Johnie Murray do well, this year at wimbledon. I think it will be either Flanagan or Murray who will win the first grand slam for briton (mmhh maybe I am being harsh and unrealistic...)

Icarus

ReputationRep:
    Navratilova is a moody cow - I remember ball-girling for her match a couple of years ago, she didn't smile once or look relatively happy at all. I think her partner was scared of her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiempo)
    Yeah no more Anna, but in the growing trend of fit Russians, Maria Sharapova (sp? - "The Screaming Cat") aint a bad substitute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Yeah no more Anna, but in the growing trend of fit Russians, Maria Sharapova (sp? - "The Screaming Cat") aint a bad substitute.
    And ain't that the f<Vking truth!!!!
    Oh what i would do to become a ball boy for one of her games... :rolleyes:

How much do they get paid? (the ball boys/girls)

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if agassi is playing????????????/ my support goes to him and henman..
    not really into womens tennis (perhaps all that grunting is a bit offputting!)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.