Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i am in year 10 now but in year 9 i was already a b for history now i am working at an b-a by next year in year 11 i should be getting an a* however my question is the gcse history easy or hard?

ReputationRep:
    Well it sounds like you're already making decent progress in history but you're really just starting. If you're anything like me, you'll enjoy some areas of study in history more than others and you'll see that reflected in your grades. Yes, history can be hard but it can also be a very easy (and enjoyable) exam. If you've got good skills in English (and just writing in general) you'll find GCSE history becomes exponentially easier for you.

But don't get overconfident; remember that history involves not only remembering dates but exam technique. History can be easy - just listen in class, study at home and ask your teacher questions! (That goes for all GCSEs actually).

Good luck with your GCSEs the next couple years, they're not as far away as they seem.

ReputationRep:
    do you by any chance have the wjec history Russia in transition 2015 paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pgundi)
    do you by any chance have the wjec history Russia in transition 2015 paper
    2015 papers are not available yet and won't be until about May next year, sorry

ReputationRep:
    is this for all subjects

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    i personally found history gsce very easy, as it was a matter of learning the facts and then applying them to the correct exam technique and essay writing, just use PEEL, don't waffle, learn the information and you should be fine

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.