Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am only 16 but I have recently become worried about my red meat and bacon intake. I would say I eat bacon 5/6 days a week and have done since I was maybe around 7/8 and now I want to stop as it is now been proved how bad it is for me. I was just wondering if I cut down now has the damage already been done for me and in later life will I develop bowel or other cancer or if I stop now should I be ok? I am a healthy weight and excercise regularly btw.
username1763965
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am only 16 but I have recently become worried about my red meat and bacon intake. I would say I eat bacon 5/6 days a week and have done since I was maybe around 7/8 and now I want to stop as it is now been proved how bad it is for me. I was just wondering if I cut down now has the damage already been done for me and in later life will I develop bowel or other cancer or if I stop now should I be ok? I am a healthy weight and excercise regularly btw.
Just eat loads of veggies and fruit and you will be fine. Everyone is hysteric about meat and bacon but the truth is that the cholesterol in them doesn't cause heart disease(correlation doesn't mean causation). I think it is the preservatives in them that may be a cancer risk, so maybe try to eat unprocessed red meat(roasted beef?).
Hollyht
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would say if you ate a healthy diet from now on you should be fine in now a vegetarian since about a year ago due to the meat scare but I would say fish is a healthy alternative if you are looking

Posted from TSR Mobile
SatyamHair
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hollyht)
I would say if you ate a healthy diet from now on you should be fine in now a vegetarian since about a year ago due to the meat scare but I would say fish is a healthy alternative if you are looking

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes its right from now you should be vegetarian since about a year...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads