Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, im looking to drive with my friend who is 24 and has had their licence since 18, im 21 and have my provisional but im struggling to find an insurance company that lets anyone under 25 supervise, has anyone had this issue and found one that does?

ReputationRep:
    You need to tell your insurance company the details of folks who are supervising you driving? Sh*t lol thats news to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAElite)
    You need to tell your insurance company the details of folks who are supervising you driving? Sh*t lol thats news to me.
    are you saying dont tell them that the person is under 25 when everyone ive seen requires them to be 25 or older?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binksy)
    are you saying dont tell them that the person is under 25 when everyone ive seen requires them to be 25 or older?
    Nah I just genuinely didnt realise the insurer needed to know anything about the supervising driver lol. Ive been giving my mum driving lessons for months in my dads old car and im 22. Owell lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAElite)
    Nah I just genuinely didnt realise the insurer needed to know anything about the supervising driver lol. Ive been giving my mum driving lessons for months in my dads old car and im 22. Owell lol.
    slight chance youre not insured haha, cant find any that allow under 25s to supervise

ReputationRep:
    Considering that you only need to be 21 and have held your licence for three years in order to be legally 'qualified' to supervise a learner driver, I think that insurers requiring you to be 25 is a little over-cautious!

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.