Why do I feel really low before I have my period?

Watch
Butterfly92xo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have noticed in the past year, before I have my period I feel extremely low and emotional. When I know I have to go to work the next day, I feel extremely depressed and sometimes I feel like ringing in sick! I am a uni student so that is also stress on top, and I am a domestic cleaner in another job once a week. Is this normal? I am very snappy and don't want to talk to anybody at all! If work colleagues try, I get very miserable or I don't have lunch with them lol :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fear of periods? idk, I haven't experienced it and will never so don't take my word for granted
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Butterfly92xo)
I have noticed in the past year, before I have my period I feel extremely low and emotional. When I know I have to go to work the next day, I feel extremely depressed and sometimes I feel like ringing in sick! I am a uni student so that is also stress on top, and I am a domestic cleaner in another job once a week. Is this normal? I am very snappy and don't want to talk to anybody at all! If work colleagues try, I get very miserable or I don't have lunch with them lol :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it is just all part of the hormone thing. I get bad tempered and very grumpy.

You might have some underlying depression just is just exacerbated at the time of the month.

Best thing I can suggest and it works for me is to do exercise - like running - it releases the endorphins that make you feel great. Drink plenty of fluid ( not beer!) and try to get a decent nights sleep
CCC75
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Butterfly92xo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Premenstrual Syndrome - http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Premens.../Symptoms.aspx
sliceofcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I recommend taking vitamin B6
http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-VITAMI...blets_1289852/
I don't usually bother with vitamin tablets, but when my hormones were really out of balance, taking a vitamin B6 tablet once a day REALLY helped. My emotions were a lot more stable and consistent, no more feeling mysteriously frustrated or upset. They aren't too expensive so they're absolutely worth a try. I'd recommend them to anyone with a hormonal imbalance.
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
PMS
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shawn_o1)
Fear of periods? idk, I haven't experienced it and will never so don't take my word for granted
Looooooooool fear of periods no it's PMS hun
Emily.97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Could be Pms Symptoms.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shawn_o1)
You're gonna make all the men look 100% clueless
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (82)
26.54%
England (105)
33.98%
Belgium (26)
8.41%
Germany (37)
11.97%
Spain (5)
1.62%