Turn on thread page Beta

Why do I feel really low before I have my period? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have noticed in the past year, before I have my period I feel extremely low and emotional. When I know I have to go to work the next day, I feel extremely depressed and sometimes I feel like ringing in sick! I am a uni student so that is also stress on top, and I am a domestic cleaner in another job once a week. Is this normal? I am very snappy and don't want to talk to anybody at all! If work colleagues try, I get very miserable or I don't have lunch with them lol :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fear of periods? idk, I haven't experienced it and will never so don't take my word for granted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly92xo)
    I have noticed in the past year, before I have my period I feel extremely low and emotional. When I know I have to go to work the next day, I feel extremely depressed and sometimes I feel like ringing in sick! I am a uni student so that is also stress on top, and I am a domestic cleaner in another job once a week. Is this normal? I am very snappy and don't want to talk to anybody at all! If work colleagues try, I get very miserable or I don't have lunch with them lol :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it is just all part of the hormone thing. I get bad tempered and very grumpy.

You might have some underlying depression just is just exacerbated at the time of the month.

Best thing I can suggest and it works for me is to do exercise - like running - it releases the endorphins that make you feel great. Drink plenty of fluid ( not beer!) and try to get a decent nights sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly92xo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Premenstrual Syndrome - http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Premens.../Symptoms.aspx

ReputationRep:
    I recommend taking vitamin B6
    http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-VITAMI...blets_1289852/
    I don't usually bother with vitamin tablets, but when my hormones were really out of balance, taking a vitamin B6 tablet once a day REALLY helped. My emotions were a lot more stable and consistent, no more feeling mysteriously frustrated or upset. They aren't too expensive so they're absolutely worth a try. I'd recommend them to anyone with a hormonal imbalance.

ReputationRep:
    PMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Fear of periods? idk, I haven't experienced it and will never so don't take my word for granted
    Looooooooool fear of periods no it's PMS hun

ReputationRep:
    Could be Pms Symptoms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    You're gonna make all the men look 100% clueless

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.