Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Finding an older man who hasn't slept around much watch

I'd like a relationship with a man around my age (around age 30) but one who hasn't slept around much. Would this be difficult to find, or have most men had several relationships/not very 'fresh' by this age. I've never really been bothered about relationships etc in the past so don't know that much about them lol.

ReputationRep:
    'Fresh'?

Guys aren't pieces of meat, our penises don't become rotten or not 'Fresh'

Are you sure you're mature enough for a relationship?

(Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    'Fresh'?

Guys aren't pieces of meat, our penises don't become rotten or not 'Fresh'

Are you sure you're mature enough for a relationship?
    I never said they became rotton nor that guys are pieces of meat, there are sti's that don't get tested for like hpv and herpes that linger more in people who have slept around.

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity why does it matter how many people he's been with? Granted he's clean and has been practicing safe sex, then surely this shouldn't be an issue. If in doubt ask him to get tested before you have sex.

ReputationRep:
    There's plenty of guys who are very inexperienced or even outright virgins at 30, the only catch is there are obvious reasons why.

Best of luck.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I never said they became rotton nor that guys are pieces of meat, there are sti's that don't get tested for like hpv and herpes that linger more in people who have slept around.
    Aw hun, you're one lucky human being if you can somehow avoid getting the HPV virus. It's sorta everywhere in everyone, and you can get it in so many ways other than sex. You've probably already got it in your system.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask him to get tested if you're that concerned, and use protection until he does

(Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    There's plenty of guys who are very inexperienced or even outright virgins at 30, the only catch is there are obvious reasons why.

Best of luck.

Aw hun, you're one lucky human being if you can somehow avoid getting the HPV virus. It's sorta everywhere in everyone, and you can get it in so many ways other than sex. You've probably already got it in your system.
    That's true, but there's high risk types which are obviously more common in people who have had lots of partners, of course it's harmless in most but there's herpes too and it's just ..the less infections and less he's slept around the better lol.

(Original post by phunky_fresh)
    Out of curiosity why does it matter how many people he's been with? Granted he's clean and has been practicing safe sex, then surely this shouldn't be an issue. If in doubt ask him to get tested before you have sex.

They don't test for hpv and herpes though, I'd just rather someone not slept around much. Have a look at this thread, many of the people said they wanted a partner who hadn't slept around that much.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3687965

I'm older so of course I couldn't expect a man to be a virgin or anything but the general jist from this thread if that people prefere a partner who has slept around less. Some people even used the words 'used up' or 'damaged goods' which is a little immature and over the top but yea it seems lots of people care about how many people a potential partner has slept with not just me.

ReputationRep:
    They don't test for hpv and herpes though, I'd just rather someone not slept around much. Have a look at this thread, many of the people said they wanted a partner who hadn't slept around that much.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3687965

I'm older so of course I couldn't expect a man to be a virgin or anything but the general jist from this thread if that people prefere a partner who has slept around less. Some people even used the words 'used up' or 'damaged goods' which is a little immature and over the top but yea it seems lots of people care about how many people a potential partner has slept with not just me.
    Fair enough. Still doesn't guarantee they won't be carrying those either regardless of how many. That thread looks like one of those I'll have to skim through when I have a couple hours spare lol.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just wanted to understand your reasoning behind it. When I had my first real boyfriend I was shocked when he told me he had slept with 10 girls. I couldn't get my head around it. Over the years I've met guys who have been with 5+ women with the exception of one guy who had slept with 1 and he was 28 at the time. However he had a whole lot of other issues going on, which kind of explained alot. Any who I've kinda just accepted that I will probably not meet a guy that is in the same boat as me (I guess i could be considered as older too, I'm 26).

ReputationRep:
    Go to comic con

Lool, this isn't a genuine post. Either you aren't 30, or the post is bs. Because what 30 year old asks for advice on how to find a 30 year old man, on *Studentroom*, I'm 21 and I feel old in this place, so at most you're probably 18, hence the caring about sexual partners crap.

My advice, date someone your own age. Or find out the hard way, go up to a 30 year old man and ask him how many women he's slept with, I guarantee he'll laugh in your face and tell you he doesn't count.

I'm 34 and haven't.

ReputationRep:
    you will find plenty of them

ReputationRep:
    ask him to get tested if it bothers you that much, but someone's sexual past doesn't mean that much. A lot of people sleep around when they're younger and it doesn't have any bearing on how they are as they mature in a lot of cases. Of course though, there will be plenty out there who are less experienced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    Fair enough. Still doesn't guarantee they won't be carrying those either regardless of how many. That thread looks like one of those I'll have to skim through when I have a couple hours spare lol.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just wanted to understand your reasoning behind it. When I had my first real boyfriend I was shocked when he told me he had slept with 10 girls. I couldn't get my head around it. Over the years I've met guys who have been with 5+ women with the exception of one guy who had slept with 1 and he was 28 at the time. However he had a whole lot of other issues going on, which kind of explained alot. Any who I've kinda just accepted that I will probably not meet a guy that is in the same boat as me (I guess i could be considered as older too, I'm 26).
    The amount of girls a guy has slept with doesn't determine whether he has issues. The guy you slept with whom was 28, may have had issues, of course you'd know more than me because you know him.

I'm intrigued as to your reasoning for this?

I'm 25 and have had two serious relationships (girlfriends/partners), and of those I've only ever slept with one (my current). I don't have issues of any sort- but of course that depends on what you meaning by 'issues'?

Its' just frustrating to hear viewpoints such as these (particularly from women), that suggest if a man has not had fewer sexual experiences, then there is something seriously wrong. I'd never suggest this sort of thing about a female, and if indeed I did I'd expect a barrage of insults.

Makes me feel real sorry for genuine nice guys whom lack sexual experience.

Not trying to have a go here, just my observation of this general opinion a few women on here seem to demonstrate.

Lool, this isn't a genuine post. Either you aren't 30, or the post is bs. Because what 30 year old asks for advice on how to find a 30 year old man, on *Studentroom*, I'm 21 and I feel old in this place, so at most you're probably 18, hence the caring about sexual partners crap.

My advice, date someone your own age. Or find out the hard way, go up to a 30 year old man and ask him how many women he's slept with, I guarantee he'll laugh in your face and tell you he doesn't count.
    The post must be bs then as i am 30, almost. Though perhaps i shouldnt have posted my age lol. Although you are right in that the apparant reason for my question wasnt 100 percent genuine. My motivations for posting was not just to directly ask for advice (since you are right its just a student forum) but more out curiosity to get thoughts/opinions on my situation since i would genuinly want a man to have not slept around! Ive seen quite a few posts on here by males who say they wouldnt want a woman to have slept around as they are 'used or 'damaged goods' etc so im curious as to how people react when its a female stating the same thing According to a few of the replies on here Im not supposed to be bothered if a potantial bf had slept around lots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by royal1990)
    The amount of girls a guy has slept with doesn't determine whether he has issues. The guy you slept with whom was 28, may have had issues, of course you'd know more than me because you know him.

I'm intrigued as to your reasoning for this?

I'm 25 and have had two serious relationships (girlfriends/partners), and of those I've only ever slept with one (my current). I don't have issues of any sort- but of course that depends on what you meaning by 'issues'?

Its' just frustrating to hear viewpoints such as these (particularly from women), that suggest if a man has not had fewer sexual experiences, then there is something seriously wrong. I'd never suggest this sort of thing about a female, and if indeed I did I'd expect a barrage of insults.

Makes me feel real sorry for genuine nice guys whom lack sexual experience.

Not trying to have a go here, just my observation of this general opinion a few women on here seem to demonstrate.

That's not what I meant lol. I don't think the less women a man has slept with the more issues he has. I didn't sleep with the 28 year old, I'm a virgin. I'm saying when I found out he'd only slept with one person I was surprised due to his age. All the other guys I've come across had slept with 5+ women. The 28 year had lots of personal issues going on before I met him and he was a very shy and insecure person.

From afar he seemed like a really confident person and I almost couldn't believe him when he said he had no luck with women etc. Then when I started seeing him I noticed he still struggled to overcome some things which lead to me ending things after trying to get to the bottom of it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like a relationship with a man around my age (around age 30) but one who hasn't slept around much. Would this be difficult to find, or have most men had several relationships/not very 'fresh' by this age. I've never really been bothered about relationships etc in the past so don't know that much about them lol.
    Message me if you want

Sorry but your attitude is really strange/concerning.

ReputationRep:
    You should go to a World of Warcraft convention or Comic Con

I reckon you'll find loads of middle aged men who are literal virgins

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.