Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling ill with stress watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I need some advice.

For the past two weeks or so I have had a constant headache, I too some painkillers at first but they didn’t really have much of an effect on me.

My life at the moment is pretty hectic. I work full time in a very stressful job, I am finishing off my degree with the Open University (in Chemistry), I am applying for my PGCE, my Step-Dad has cancer so I am constantly worried about him and my mother. I feel absolutely exhausted and don’t really know if I am coming or going. If I go to the Doctor I guarantee they will sign me off with some sort of stress related disorder, I have never taken time off for this reason before and am very conscious that it looks unprofessional

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    I've been in the same boat you, in fact I'm still in it. The first thing you should do is see your GP. You're right, they probably will sign you off for a little while but a break is probably what you need. I was signed off for 6 weeks. They will also probably offer to write to your uni explaining your circumstances which will allow you extra time for your work and things like that.

The best things you can do when you feel like this is to make sure you are eating and sleeping properly. I know its easier said than done when you are in this state. Also get some exercise, even just a ten min walk around the block can make the world of difference. Its best to get stress under control asap as it can lead onto other problems such as panic attacks, lowers your immunity and all that jazz.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.