Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am taking the KCS Sixth Form entrance exams in a few weeks but have no idea what to expect! Does anyone know what is in the general paper? Are the tests really hard? What preparation would you recommend doing for them?

ReputationRep:
    I heard competition is quite tough- I'm doing mine as well next week. Unfortunately I'm male, so they only take about 5 boys

ReputationRep:
    Heya! I'm taking the exams as well this Saturday, all I know is that the essay for the general paper is normally on a current affair? Btw 5 boys? that sounds insane 😂 does anyone know how many applicants there are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Issysaur)
    Heya! I'm taking the exams as well this Saturday, all I know is that the essay for the general paper is normally on a current affair? Btw 5 boys? that sounds insane 😂 does anyone know how many applicants there are?
    I think theres around 500!!

ReputationRep:
    Well it's going to be difficult, especially for the boys due to the ratio. How's everyone's revision for the test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerdragonfire1)
    Well it's going to be difficult, especially for the boys due to the ratio. How's everyone's revision for the test
    Well at the moment I'm not really sure what to revise! I've been doing a little maths practise and reading the news mostly... how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Not munch, too busy with orals to revise for KCS. I might skip Friday, so I can do revision

ReputationRep:
    Honestly it doesn't sound like much revision can be done, especially for the general! For maths I guess I'm just going to go through my old GCSE stuff and wing the other ones I guess 😂

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same here, competition is going to be tough, only if they gave us a checklist or something. We received a letter from kings saying it was mainly algebra, but that hardly helps

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be sitting the exams tomorrow as well. I've just been going through GCSE maths topics but haven't done any revision for English. Current affairs might be a problem though! I'm not very up to date with them... Anyway, best of luck to everyone! Don't stress too much-- it's their loss for not accepting you if you don't get in.

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone wearing tomorrow? School uniform or home clothes?

ReputationRep:
    Prob home clothes

ReputationRep:
    However it would be quite embarrassing if I come ink and everybody's wearing school clothes. Anyway, what other schools are you guys applying to, and where from

ReputationRep:
    Hey how did it go? I found it tough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocd2015)
    Hey how did it go? I found it tough
    Yeah especially the maths

ReputationRep:
    I didn't find the maths too hard, or the general. I found English hard, but not too hard

ReputationRep:
    Yet the chances of getting an interview is probably slim.

ReputationRep:
    Same here, maths and general were fine I guess, English just never has been my best subject... how many people get interviews anyways?

ReputationRep:
    Hey how many do think say the exam
    ?

ReputationRep:
    How many questions could you guys do from the maths ? I found English ok . General was ok but nothing like what I expected.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.