Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I was an idiot and didn't double check the entry requirements/subject requirements for Chemical Engineering at Trinity, and it seems they require at least an AS in Further Maths... Now I'm currently taking Chemistry, Physics and Maths, having taken Biology at AS.

Is there any way for me to change the college application (99% sure there isn't), or do I just hope I get pooled or something?

Interesting side note - I actually mentioned in the SAQ that taking further maths alongside my AS studies was 'complicated'; will this make any difference at all?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices//...gcolleges.html

'Changing Colleges during the admissions process or part way through a course is resisted although Colleges will normally agree to such transfer on the basis of exceptional circumstances or other grave cause.'

Could you ring the admissions office at Trinity and ask?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - it might be worth a shot, just not sure if my reason meets either of those conditions...

Does anyone know if going via Natural Sciences still requires at least AS Further Maths? Just read "
    Those entering through Engineering and Computer Science will also need AS Further Maths." - no mention of Natural Sciences, although I assume since it's not mentioned, AS FM isn't necessary?

*edit* realising it may be easier to change the ChemEng route to via NatSci instead of Eng...

ReputationRep:
    You could try asking to change to an open application.
    That might be an easier swap than changing college.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.