Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What should I do? Study again? Help/advice PLEASE watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello I finished a foundation degree in fine art with distinction. However, the majority of the course I hated so I decided not to begin a degree in fine art. Job prospects and money being a major issue as well.
    I volunteered at two separate galleries, began to sell my paintings In one, and have a paid part time Job in the other. I'm beginning to get a collection of paintings together to have further shows etc In other local galleries. However I also have to work another job in order to keep myself afloat. I'm reconsidering going back to uni. Have any of you had experience with getting jobs with a fine art degree?

Also I've recently seen a graduate diploma in visual arts at west dean college, would there be any chance of me getting on a graduate course without a degree?

What would you do? I don't know whether to stick with what I am doing, and continue to build up a name for myself locally or whether going back to uni would help. Or whether that would make no difference. I'm 21.

ReputationRep:
    why fine art? why not another art based course if you hated your foundation year so much?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.