Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I keep changing my mind watch

Announcements

There's a guy I like/liked; it s really confusing. Basically I'm completely inexperienced (19 year old virgin, never be kissed, etc) plus I've had some issues with my sexuality over the past few months; I consider myself to be on the gay side of bisexual so when I like a guy it s a fair bit rarer. What's weird about this guy is it's his personality that I really like, which is unusual for me. To add an additional spanner to the works, this started before I started having the sexuality issues, or at least while they were still downplayed. I think we flirt, but it's more like argumentative teasing to me so I ve never seen anything wrong with it. To cut a long story short, day to day I'm never sure if I actually like him. For example, in this current moment, I feel very little, that he's a laugh but not someone I'm interested in having a relationship with. Yet last night and this morning, I felt like I really liked him. I don t know what to do. To be fair I don t know if does like me but I don t want to lose the friendship we have if he does and I m not interested. I'd rather like him all the time but I'd be happy just to know what s going on with me. How do I keep one consistent state of mind?

get experienced and then you'll know what you like....

(Original post by Anonymous)
    get experienced and then you'll know what you like....
    I can't really just "get experienced". I feel weird about no string attatched sex especially for a first time.

As difficult as it may be, I think your only option is to give it time.

Hopefully things will become clearer.

Good luck!

Bump.

ReputationRep:
    If you like him then its obviously your not gay, which is my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Just have sex with him

(Original post by Lucasium)
    Just have sex with him
    As above I can't do that. I don't do committment free sex.

Bump (please can someone give me an answer that isn't just sleep with him).

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I can completely empathise with you in this situation, I would identify as being a lesbian but getting to this point has been and still is quite tricky. Like you I've never been in a relationship/kissed anyone and I used to have crushes on guys through school so realising I was interested in girls was a pretty big shock lol. I don't know how much help I would be as obviously only you know how you feel but I would just say that while labels can make things easier you shouldn't feel pressured to label yourself especially when you're confused, labels can get in the way of you being who you really are and at the end of the day you'll eventually know what makes you happy. From what you said it seems like a big part of you being drawn to this guy is that you enjoy hanging out with him, so just continue doing that! Don't feel the need to make sense of your thoughts and just do what feels right, if you want something to happen, let it but don't stress. Sorry for the wall of text but I hope this helped

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.