Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I applied for chemistry for 2016. What are the chances of getting an offer with my predicted grades? When can I expect an answer?

IB Predicted grades:
    Chemistry HL - 7
    Biology HL - 7
    Economics HL - 7
    Maths SL - 6
    English SL - 6
    French SL - 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoegreindl)
    Hello, I applied for chemistry for 2016. What are the chances of getting an offer with my predicted grades? When can I expect an answer?

IB Predicted grades:
    Chemistry HL - 7
    Biology HL - 7
    Economics HL - 7
    Maths SL - 6
    English SL - 6
    French SL - 6
    Hello!
    I am also an applicant for chemistry (with Industrial experience)!
    On their website, this is what they say concerning IB:
    • International Baccalaureate: 32 - 36 pointsoverall and award of IB Diploma to include Chemistry HL at Grade 5 plus two HL subjects at Grade 5. Mathematics SL at Grade 6 or HL at Grade 5.
    so you should be okay with your grades! If your personal statement is very strong (since they do not interview, I think they heavily rely on this to get an idea about you!), then you should get on offer

I received an offer yesterday afternoon (I do Alevels but that doesn't make a difference)! Edinburgh are usually late responders so it may be after Christmas until you hear, I'm afraid! (I have no clue why I got an offer so early!!!)

Hope this helps and good luck with your application, I hope you get an offer

ReputationRep:
    Hey good job on getting an offer! Are you international, EU or English? I didn't think they were already handing offers

(Original post by abiofdoom)
    Hello!
    I am also an applicant for chemistry (with Industrial experience)!
    On their website, this is what they say concerning IB:
    • International Baccalaureate: 32 - 36 pointsoverall and award of IB Diploma to include Chemistry HL at Grade 5 plus two HL subjects at Grade 5. Mathematics SL at Grade 6 or HL at Grade 5.
    so you should be okay with your grades! If your personal statement is very strong (since they do not interview, I think they heavily rely on this to get an idea about you!), then you should get on offer

I received an offer yesterday afternoon (I do Alevels but that doesn't make a difference)! Edinburgh are usually late responders so it may be after Christmas until you hear, I'm afraid! (I have no clue why I got an offer so early!!!)

Hope this helps and good luck with your application, I hope you get an offer

ReputationRep:
    Hey good job on getting an offer! Are you international, EU or English? I didn't think they were already handing offers
    Thank you!! I'm English that is why I was so shocked! They seem to give a few international offers out around this time and quite a few by christmas, but UK applicants normally have to wait until at least january (some as late as May!!). Are you English too? If so, don't be disheartened if you dont get an offer soon!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! I'm English that is why I was so shocked! They seem to give a few international offers out around this time and quite a few by christmas, but UK applicants normally have to wait until at least january (some as late as May!!). Are you English too? If so, don't be disheartened if you dont get an offer soon!
    I live in Switzerland but that means its the same fees as the english. Hopefully if you already got an offer for chemistry it means they are reviewing the chemistry applications! I had to do an online questionnaire today to determine my fee status.. What were your offer conditions?

ReputationRep:
    I live in Switzerland but that means its the same fees as the english. Hopefully if you already got an offer for chemistry it means they are reviewing the chemistry applications! I had to do an online questionnaire today to determine my fee status.. What were your offer conditions?
    Yes, and EU applicants hear much earlier than UK students too and AAA (I do a levels and am predicted A*A*A*)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and EU applicants hear much earlier than UK students too and AAA (I do a levels and am predicted A*A*A*)
    I've found that lots of people are saying that UK students find out really late but I heard late November/early December. I don't know why I heard back really early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer for chemistry a few days ago.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.