Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Applying to Chemical engineering with these grades... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I am at times being pessimistic about applying to uni with the following grades:
    Chemistry- B 7 marks off an A
    Maths - B 20 marks off an A
    Physics - C 40 marks off an A
    Computer science - C

with predicted grades of ABB

I want to do chemical engineering and most unis require AAA-ABB at the very least. I am wishing to apply to nottingham, sheffield, manchester, surrey and lancaster but I am unsure whether I stand a chance. I know offers aren't based on as levels primarily but are they heavily based on as grades?

what do you all think?

ReputationRep:
    Unis will take your entire application into consideration, providing that your predicted grades meet the entry requirements. Then again some unis will still offer places to people whose grades aren't sufficient - in this case it is important that your personal statement is the strongest it can be, along with your reference. Also what were your GCSEs like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm also worried about not getting any offers as I contacted Loughborough with a query and they responded that it is unlikely that I will get an offer.

I don't know what to do as my teachers are not budging on my predicted grades and my AS grades were not that great with it being BBDD

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about a foundation year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There will definitely be Universities that offer lower entry requirements for chem eng.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VokeA)
    Unis will take your entire application into consideration, providing that your predicted grades meet the entry requirements. Then again some unis will still offer places to people whose grades aren't sufficient - in this case it is important that your personal statement is the strongest it can be, along with your reference. Also what were your GCSEs like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I understand yes. My gcses I got 4 A*s 4 As 3 Bs 1 C, its just my physics as really dragging me down!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexkol)
    There will definitely be Universities that offer lower entry requirements for chem eng.

But these are not the universities that I wish to go to you see :-(

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.